Parkside Table Saw Fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajsimmo

Established Member
Reaction score
As my first ever table saw, I purchased the Parkside Table Saw from Lidl about 18 months ago.

I was fully aware that it was "cheap & cheerful", but I was just starting my woodworking hobby and I thought for £99, I couldn't go wrong.

My question is this, is there a way to secure the fence on the opposite side of the table, as the unsecured end does move away from the blade.

This obviously makes it nearly impossible to get a perfectly straight cut, (I have made a cross-cut sled though, which helps).

Apart from buying a new saw, (difficult to transport it to Alderney), has anyone got any ideas on how to secure the fence?

Attachments

• Parkside Table Saw 04.jpg
    Parkside Table Saw 04.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 34
Cheers guys, I like both solutions, but the track on this saw is not standard size, so it looks like it will have to be a new saw!!

Don't tell the wife.

Have you tried fixing a piece of wood to the fence (on the RH side of fence ) and then use a small G clamp to secure it to the table at the far end

you tube has a fee home made fence ideas also

You could always extend the length of the fence and use a quick release clamp on the table at the rear of the saw to clamp it in place. It would be quick and easy to clamp and unclamp when adjusting. I dont think you would get a clamp with the reach to catch the fence at the moment.

Have you tried fixing a piece of wood to the fence (on the RH side of fence ) and then use a small G clamp to secure it to the table at the far end

you tube has a fee home made fence ideas also
Great idea, I should have thought of that myself. Thanks

You could always extend the length of the fence and use a quick release clamp on the table at the rear of the saw to clamp it in place. It would be quick and easy to clamp and unclamp when adjusting. I dont think you would get a clamp with the reach to catch the fence at the moment.
Of course, just a new piece of aluminium, clamped the other end. I think I'll try that. Thank you guys for all the good suggestions.

Not sure how to link it, but on 2 Oct in a thread called Table Saw Fence I added some photos of how I use a reinforced sash clamp as a fence on the Parkside table saw. Along with a simple parallelogram jig to ensure it is straight, I have good results.

The sash clamp has a strip of MDF inside it to give it the extra strength, the wooden shroud is to put the workpiece away from the actual red clamp mechanism.

1644492079716.png

1644492098425.png

1644492116051.png

1644492133709.png

Last edited:
Just thought I'd finish off this thread with my eventual solution (bar getting a new machine).
Basically I did similar to Essex Barn Workshop did, but I used a new piece of aluminium extrusion, bolted that to the existing fence clamp, then ground down a track saw clamp to fit into the V slot at the other end.

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_122004.jpg
    IMG_20220413_122004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220413_121830.jpg
    IMG_20220413_121830.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220413_121935.jpg
    IMG_20220413_121935.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220413_121905.jpg
    IMG_20220413_121905.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 40
Just thought I'd finish off this thread with my eventual solution (bar getting a new machine).
Basically I did similar to Essex Barn Workshop did, but I used a new piece of aluminium extrusion, bolted that to the existing fence clamp, then ground down a track saw clamp to fit into the V slot at the other end.
Nice. Good improvement, like it.

Back