Parkside PTSS 1200 B1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heno123

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here but just picked up the plunge saw from Lidl. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, but the depth scale is consistently 2mm out. Set cut depth to 22mm but only cutting about 20mm down!!

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Alan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heno123":38nt9lb7 said:
Hi all,

New here but just picked up the plunge saw from Lidl. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, but the depth scale is consistently 2mm out. Set cut depth to 22mm but only cutting about 20mm down!!

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Alan

If you need to limit cut over a sacrificial sheet or whatever just put it up against the stock. With practice you'll be able to eyeball it. 2mm on a CC is hardly crucial.

PS- Welcome Alan.

The work around is easily done but just the principal of it!! Maybe I can't complain too much with the price of it!! Can't help but feel there's some kind of adjustment

Might sound silly but you are using the correct mark on the depth gauge? I can't say I have ever checked mine, I always measure the sheet, add on a couple of mm and go for that.

heno123":3mz96qk2 said:
Hi all,

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Alan

The answer is to not rely on any printed power tool scale. That principal will guide you well when using budget to mid priced power tools.

Just take a measurement between the base and the blade tip with quality steel rule or other decent measuring method. Do a test cut to check.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Rorschach":26ajkx3b said:
Might sound silly but you are using the correct mark on the depth gauge? I can't say I have ever checked mine, I always measure the sheet, add on a couple of mm and go for that.
Yeah I plan on using the track more often than not. Even off the track & set to zero it's 2mm off the surface of the sheet!! Seems that its one of the easier things to be right on it!! Defeats the purpose of the scale

I suspect the scale is for the saw just running on the surface, without the rail.

FWIW, my Makita is like that and it's annoying, especially as I have both 160mm and 165mm blades! The bigger blade is the official one for mine, otherwise the scale is way out. With the mains plug out, I usually drop a tooth very gently onto a steel rule or similar tucked under the splinter strip, note the depth and subtract that from the scale reading to get the depth of cut. There's no point in writing any measured offset on the saw, as it isn't very consistent. If you use clamps, they alter things too, if done up too tight.

I think the TS55 has two scales, for use with and without the rail.

Is the indicator adjustable, and if so by how much?

My Parkside has 2 scales, with and without the rail.

As I said, I don't really pay much attention though. I also use different size blades in mine so then it becomes totally useless.

Eric The Viking":2mzypnr3 said:
I suspect the scale is for the saw just running on the surface, without the rail.

FWIW, my Makita is like that and it's annoying, especially as I have both 160mm and 165mm blades! The bigger blade is the official one for mine, otherwise the scale is way out. With the mains plug out, I usually drop a tooth very gently onto a steel rule or similar tucked under the splinter strip, note the depth and subtract that from the scale reading to get the depth of cut. There's no point in writing any measured offset on the saw, as it isn't very consistent. If you use clamps, they alter things too, if done up too tight.

Yeah as Rorschach says, it has a with & without rail mark. Easy to add 2mm on but I like things to be right lol

heno123":29tc24lq said:
Eric The Viking":29tc24lq said:

Yeah as Rorschach says, it has a with & without rail mark. Easy to add 2mm on but I like things to be right lol

It ain't going to be right on these sort of tools! Don't rely on the tool scales.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back