Parkside performance?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonwar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone any experience with the parkside performance power tools? Is the pricing to good to be true I'm due a new drill and impact driver as my stanley fat max are neatly 10 years old and lidl have the parkside range n stick this week. I'm looking at a combi drill, impact driver and jigsaw with 2 battery for €200 or do I stick to a name brand SF have a dewalt combi drill and impact driver for €214 I'd say I fall into heavy diy user. The parkside have great spec on them. Any feed back would be great. Thanks

I haven't used it myself, but the Parkside performance drill gets really good reviews, and people I know who have used it were very positive about it. Great value for money. Don't know about the other tools though.

IMO performance tools are great and half the price of “ brand name “ tools , I have been using the green tools for years and they have well surpassed my expectations so I upgraded to the performance range as they became available
if your in Spain, Germany and some other countries you can buy them direct from lidl
2A03D205-167A-4D12-9CF8-8C388D50FB64.jpeg
E0F6CE82-9AF8-4CFF-A677-4C41C99B60E7.jpeg

I have had parkside tools from lidl and they are very good for the price and last a good while (don't think they would last 10 years though) Never bothered with spares etc. as I tend to use them to the max and when they give up just get another one. The only problem I have had with the the drills is a failed chuck and also battery issues but the use I give them is at times extreme. They didn't have any last time my drill failed so ended up buying a cheap one from screwfix which is still going strong. I did read that a lot of there tools are rebranded from the likes of einhell. scheppach etc

Thanks guys for the feedback and now the happy owner of a combi drill, impact driver and jigsaw with 2 2amp battery and a 4amp battery only €240 and so far out of the box I'm very happy and looking forward to adding to it.

There good tools. May not last as long as say Makita or dewalt etc but they are a lot cheaper and for the price you can't go wrong. Just make sure you register the guarantee etc. I did find that at first the battery life was very poor but after fully charging a couple of times was very impressed how long they lasted before going flat. Another advantage is I have seen recently in lidl loads of spare batteries for sale.

Impact driver is excellent. As good as any £200 tool. Same goes for the track saw, great value.
Cordless Multi-tool and angle grinder are unusable, so a complete waste of money

Impact driver is excellent. As good as any £200 tool. Same goes for the track saw, great value.
Cordless Multi-tool and angle grinder are unusable, so a complete waste of money
Thanks for the heads up the multi tool was only wish list.

There good tools. May not last as long as say Makita or dewalt etc but they are a lot cheaper and for the price you can't go wrong. Just make sure you register the guarantee etc. I did find that at first the battery life was very poor but after fully charging a couple of times was very impressed how long they lasted before going flat. Another advantage is I have seen recently in lidl loads of spare batteries for sale.

You can order the batteries and other accessories direct from Germany.
https://www.kompernass.com/en/accessories/396/battery-pack-4ah

IMO performance tools are great and half the price of “ brand name “ tools , I have been using the green tools for years and they have well surpassed my expectations so I upgraded to the performance range as they became available
if your in Spain, Germany and some other countries you can buy them direct from lidl View attachment 131221

Drools in green.

@artie I see now, seems to be a mix of things that are for sale and others not. Some things don’t appear to be available but do have parts that are. A real jumble

Sean

Thanks guys for the feedback and now the happy owner of a combi drill, impact driver and jigsaw with 2 2amp battery and a 4amp battery only €240 and so far out of the box I'm very happy and looking forward to adding to it.

All those are great value, once thing they annoys me is the bits fall out of the impact driver. I use both types of batteries as the 4ah ones are heavy when you're up on a ladder.

All those are great value, once thing they annoys me is the bits fall out of the impact driver. I use both types of batteries as the 4ah ones are heavy when you're up on a ladder.
Are you using 25mm bits directly in the driver or using a bit holder, I dont think any impact driver can hold the 25m bits directly as they do not have the notch.yes there is a bit of weigh in the 4amp battery I got it mainly for the jigsaw and maybe a different battery hungry tool to come.

It's more about how the chuck is
push-to-release which for whatever reason sometimes i don't set the bit in properly. The Stanley fatmax one i had before was pull-to-release and i never had that problem. Other than that niggling amnoyance, great tool.

Only annoying thing about the jigsaw is the extractor comes out if the vacuum hose catches on anything.

No complaints about the drill at all. Still need a corded drill for those high power applications like drilling larger holes concrete or whatever.

I've resisted buying the multi or the angle grinder, don't really have a use for either and what with the poor reviews...

Just a heads up for some that may not know , Parkside have now a new range of performance batteries, (fit all the x20 tools ) they have Bluetooth features and 21700 cells , come in 4ah & 8ah also a new smart charger that charges up to 12 amps ,,
Like some guys have said before , some of the tools are not great !!! Myself I was always dissatisfied with the circular saw , having to coax it through 18mm mdf even with a 4ah battery and a new blade ,, the green angle grinder was unusable with a 2ah battery and barely with a 4ah battery , not anymore since I bought a 8ah smart battery,, it’s totally transformed the circular saw , no more coaxing through the mdf now and the angle grinder is a beast now 😁
D40E6891-6068-43E7-A62B-278925D5A187.jpeg

Latest posts

Back