Parkside (lidl) hot glue gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
they've got these coming up on sunday, thought I might pick one up.

Has anyone tried this one?

I've got a hot glue gun, but it really takes ages to warm up, and even then I think it could do with being hotter. Point being if the lidl one isn't that great I won't bother

I have the Lidl 'wireless' glue gun - I think the model number is PHP500. Works well enough and comes with interchangable nozzels and a stand which provides electrical connection to heat up. You can connect the cable directly into the gun itself if you need to glue large areas and have it plugged in constantly. Otherwise I leave it in the stand and remove the gun when needed.

The stand is quite good in that it provides a stable base and has the silicone trough to catch any glue that drips out while hot.

It has worked far better than the standard cheap gun I had before - though it still leaves something to be desired when it comes to ease of application and preventing excess glue leaking out after use. Oh and annoyingly you can not fit it back into the case if the glue stick is new - it sticks out the back too far to fit.

1615810365635.png

annoyingly you can not fit it back into the case if the glue stick is new - it sticks out the back too far to fit.

So many cases are like this, normally it is the cord that doesn't fit in properly, or is buckled round so much that it is damaged. My sister has a couple of tools in blow moulded cases where the chord lives permenantly outside the case, tied up with a rubber band.

on the subject of the glue stick, I see no reason you couldn't snip of the protruding end with a pair of garden secetaurs

I have the glue gun pictured above, very happy with it with the same caveats mentioned. I snip/cut off the excess glue stick if it won't fit into the box.

Hard to be 100% certain - but that looks like the same gun just without the stand?

£3.99 - well worth a try
not the same gun, or at least not the same moulding, compare the handle behind the trigger

Will try and pick one up, as you say 3.99, definately worth a punt

I manage to pick one up the other day and it not that bad. Much better then my old cheap one
odd, I didn't think they were out until sunday, maybe it is a regional variation

does it take 7mm or 11mm sticks?? I assumed it was the larger size, but was just looking at the leaflet and the item above is a selection of 7mm sticks so I'm thinking it is probably the smaller hobby size.

I've got loads of 11mm sticks so I definately want that size gun

odd, I didn't think they were out until sunday, maybe it is a regional variation

does it take 7mm or 11mm sticks?? I assumed it was the larger size, but was just looking at the leaflet and the item above is a selection of 7mm sticks so I'm thinking it is probably the smaller hobby size.

I've got loads of 11mm sticks so I definately want that size gun
I bought my one from ebay, however if you can get one for £3.99 we'll worth it. My model numbers php500 and uses 11mm glue stickes

I've got the Aldi Workzone one, it works ok for occasional use, but takes a while to heat up, the power cord is too short and the built-in stand is just a flimsy bit of wire so it can easily fall over.

I have the Lidl 'wireless' glue gun - I think the model number is PHP500. Works well enough and comes with interchangable nozzels and a stand which provides electrical connection to heat up. You can connect the cable directly into the gun itself if you need to glue large areas and have it plugged in constantly. Otherwise I leave it in the stand and remove the gun when needed.

The stand is quite good in that it provides a stable base and has the silicone trough to catch any glue that drips out while hot.

It has worked far better than the standard cheap gun I had before - though it still leaves something to be desired when it comes to ease of application and preventing excess glue leaking out after use. Oh and annoyingly you can not fit it back into the case if the glue stick is new - it sticks out the back too far to fit.

View attachment 105993
How much was it.? £24 on Amazon!

Back