Parkside Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a tarp and a pole lathe Gary! It's slow and steady not doing the 100m hurdles. :D
(I'll cook the beef however you like it mate. :) )

make a braket to hold one of your hand drills and use that - will give yo better results. I have bought and returned the lidl POS. thought it would be nice to have one in the house to play with doing small scale stuff. Would have been better using the turntable in the microwave

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the Axminster 305 plus gouges and the SK100 chuck, TNT arrived this morning (decided for £6 I'm going for next day) at shy of £700 it was £200 more than I budgeted for but having a quick trial this afternoon I'm glad I went for the higher spec

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_114331.jpg
    IMG_20201124_114331.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 63
Well I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the Axminster 305 plus gouges and the SK100 chuck, TNT arrived this morning (decided for £6 I'm going for next day) at shy of £700 it was £200 more than I budgeted for but having a quick trial this afternoon I'm glad I went for the higher spec

Nice one now butcher some wood :cool:

I have the same lathe but went for the record power chuck instead. It's great fun and I've made loads of stuff on it. I'm sure it'll keep you happy for a long time.

Late to the party as always, but another vote for the buy-a-real-lathe from me. I did buy the parkside lathe, even tried to use it.
Yeah, don't. It's a complete waste of money, because as big as the grin is on your face if you use it never having touched a lathe before, it's nothing compared to when you actually use a lathe that isn't underpowered, wobbly, and generally hardpressed to mangle anything but fingers.
http://www.stochasticgeometry.ie/2020/11/02/lidl-parkside-lathe-part-fin/
I mean, it's just dire. Even trying to smooth the surface with a skew pushes it past its limit:

one thing comes to mind when that parkeside lathe is included.

DEATH TRAP.

however the axi on the other hand..............

have fun turning. its adicctive if you have a decent lathe.

Back