Parkside brushless?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallet Fancier

Established Member
Reaction score
Lidl are doing a brushless hammer drill next week. This seems to be the second generation of their black Performance series, which apparently means that the batteries are compatible with the brushed green stuff. I have the green hammer drill that sells for £25, I like it and was going to get a second one because I've used it hard on several big DIY jobs (outdoor construction) and while it hasn't failed, you never know.

Now there's this brushless version for £99, which includes two batteries and lots of accessories that I don't need, and seem to be intended to fill up the drawer in the box it comes in.
Parkside Cordless Hammer Drill Set - at Lidl UK

Is it worth looking at this on the basis of "buy the best tool you can afford"?

Max. torque: 80Nm
Impact rate: 36,000bpm
Rated no-load rotation speed: 1st gear: 0–400rpm / 2nd gear: 0–2,000rpm

I think, for the money, the £119 DeWalt drill on Screwfix would be a worthwhile step up. Assuming you don't need a drawer-full of various Parkside-quality bits and attachments.

Unless you're intending to buy more Lidl Performance stuff so you can share batteries (which is me).

Can I be a founding member of Parkside Tools Anonymous too? I wanna be in your gang!

I think, for the money, the £119 DeWalt drill on Screwfix would be a worthwhile step up. Assuming you don't need a drawer-full of various Parkside-quality bits and attachments.

Unless you're intending to buy more Lidl Performance stuff so you can share batteries (which is me).

Can I be a founding member of Parkside Tools Anonymous too? I wanna be in your gang!

I have a few batteries now, including a couple of the 4ah ones, so that was part of my thinking. But... this thing also comes with two batteries plus all the other junk, which all combines to bump up the price. Going by how cheap their other stuff is, I'd guess that the tool body alone might go for between £50 and £60, which is a lot easier to swallow than £99! Which, as you point out, is getting into the Big Leagues.

Certainly, you can join! New members are always welcome. We meet every Monday and Thursday in the old church, you know the one, it's right by the local Lidl... the members like that, because they can nip across to check out the middle aisle after a meeting ;)

and 90% of dewalt gear doesnt have rohm chucks. all my makita's do and my brothers milwakee does, but i have yet to see one on a duhwalt

Back