PARKINSONS PERFECT VISE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratpack

Reaction score
Hi everybody

Just joined the site so trying to find my way around. I am clearing my shed and come across a large Parkinsons Perfect Vise. It works perfectly (AS ONE WOULD EXPECT) !!!

However I have briefly researched the net to find out more and established they seem to have numbers associated with different models, but I cannot find a number on mine so far.

It has a 9inch jaw width and extends to just under 12 inches jaw face to face (WITHOUT THE WOOD) SO METAL TO METAL. It also has 3 fixing screws in each face to secure the wood to the jaws. It is a red/brown colour.

Where on the vice am I likely to find a number ?

I am considering refurbishing it and putting it up for sale as well, in line with my shed clearing activities and wondered as to its value.

I would be most grateful for any comments or assistance.

Hi, I'll try and help. I don't think knowing or not knowing the model number will make any difference. From what you say it's a woodworking vice, not an engineer's vice. The only range where buyers would know the model number and be looking for a specific one would be Record. So here you are looking for a buyer who just wants a good old solid vice to use which is the size of yours - it won't have any extra value as a collectible.

The problem is that big heavy things like this cost more to post than they are worth. So you are virtually stuck with hoping someone near you will want it who can collect in person.

I'd put it on eBay at £15 to £40 collection in person, (price dependent on condition) with some nice clear photos, and be pleased to sell at the opening price.

Alternatively you could offer it on here in the Marketplace section.

Latest posts

Back