Parkinson's Perfect 16 spring dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnGB

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a Parkinson's Perfect 16 vise in great condition. The only issue is that it's missing a spring. I've tried but I can't seem to find any replacement springs to buy off the shelf, but I've found a few places that I can get what looks to be the right size and shape spring ordered. However, I don't really know for sure what the dimensions of the original spring are to compare.

So, I'm really hoping that some kind person who has a Parkinson's 16 (or a Record 53) will be able to measure their spring and take a photo of it next to a ruler for me, so that I can get some replacements made. I'm primarily trying to find out how thick the spring steel is, and how wide the spring is.

Alternatively if someone knows where I can get a replacement spring, that would be fantastic too. I've tried the Tool Bank, which someone else mentioned having luck with, but I've had no response from them in a few months, so I've given up there.

As a followup to this, I have managed to find springs that work well as replacements. They just need a tiny bit of filing down to fit one end in, but otherwise they are perfect. There was a minimum order quantity, so I now have more than I need. If anyone needs one, just let me know.

Thanks John, kind of you to offer and to take the time to follow up on your earlier post. I hope that you will stick around and join in the discussions :)

Back