• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Parkinson's Perfect 16 spring dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

JohnGB

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a Parkinson's Perfect 16 vise in great condition. The only issue is that it's missing a spring. I've tried but I can't seem to find any replacement springs to buy off the shelf, but I've found a few places that I can get what looks to be the right size and shape spring ordered. However, I don't really know for sure what the dimensions of the original spring are to compare.

So, I'm really hoping that some kind person who has a Parkinson's 16 (or a Record 53) will be able to measure their spring and take a photo of it next to a ruler for me, so that I can get some replacements made. I'm primarily trying to find out how thick the spring steel is, and how wide the spring is.

Alternatively if someone knows where I can get a replacement spring, that would be fantastic too. I've tried the Tool Bank, which someone else mentioned having luck with, but I've had no response from them in a few months, so I've given up there.

JohnGB

Reaction score
As a followup to this, I have managed to find springs that work well as replacements. They just need a tiny bit of filing down to fit one end in, but otherwise they are perfect. There was a minimum order quantity, so I now have more than I need. If anyone needs one, just let me know.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks John, kind of you to offer and to take the time to follow up on your earlier post. I hope that you will stick around and join in the discussions :)