Parkinsons No16

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vono

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I got this lovely old beast the other day from the other half's mother (it was my Birthday). It had been in her Cellar for many a year attached to an old bench.

I'm rather taken with it. Woodworking Vices aren't normally my thing but this may be the start of a new collecting obsession (i've already bought another a No42).

Anyone have any handy hints on attaching it? I have a Vono pattern makers Vice that's underslung but to fit that I just turned the bench over fitted it & then put bench right way up - I can't do that now though...

I hope you like the vice :)

Attachments

• Parkinson no 16 008.JPG
    Parkinson no 16 008.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Parkinson no 16 012.JPG
    Parkinson no 16 012.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Parkinson no 16 007.JPG
    Parkinson no 16 007.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Parkinson no 16 001.JPG
    Parkinson no 16 001.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 13
To support it, clamp 2x pieces of wood the right length from the floor in its jaws so that it is supported at the right height.

Mark the locations for the holes, then drill out for the fittings of your choice. I tend to use removable/replaceable tops on my benches, so I bolt the vices through the structure of the bench from the top, but with no top-access then use big lag screws.

To support it, clamp 2x pieces of wood the right length from the floor in its jaws so that it is supported at the right height.

Mark the locations for the holes, then drill out for the fittings of your choice. I tend to use removable/replaceable tops on my benches, so I bolt the vices through the structure of the bench from the top, but with no top-access then use big lag screws.

That's superb, thanks very much for that, great tip (y) :)

Back