parf mk2 faff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the TSO rail square (picture here with the rail for repeatable length cuts). The good thing is you can keep the same reference edge/face for the top and bottom cut (whereas with an MFT you have to flip the piece). I know reference face/edge tends to go out of the window with machine-based working as we tend to have parallel edges but I like to try to keep good practice anyway.

Also, even though I have an MFT (I use the TSO square on it rather than faffing with the setup) I use the STM (or previously some insulation board) for breaking down big sheets and working on them. It's so much easier than hauling big stuff around on an MFT.

tso.jpg

whats an stm? that rail square seems a decent idea but obviously become unworkable over a foot or so. I see that people are avoiding table saws much more but I honestly wouldn't swap mine for much else maybe even a 10ft slider as its amazingly versatile. but american pattern quality saws are a bit scarce over this side. big sliders are also really nice but a newish one is expensive and the space needed is huge.
that particular cut with the track saw looks a bit wobbly bobbly to me.
my ujk stuff comes tomorrow ill knock up a quick cutting table then make a double wardrobe by fri

I reckon Simonh set up above is about as good as you can get for a mobile cutting station. An STM is a very nice folding table made by Festool.

https://www.axminstertools.com/fest...dium=affiliates&utm_content=1792&glCountry=GB
I was looking at upgrading my track saw kit but when I added up the price of all the squares, parallel guides, fences etc it was getting expensive so I ended up buying a used panel saw.

Back