Parf guide 3 anyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Perry I have seen your video on that wall-mounted fold down table that incorporated dog & fence storage, very nice and good use of space but I did not realise you had made the holes with that jig. When making any precise holes I always reach for the router, not a Forstener type bit and just like using a shelve pin jig, again precision required. Having that group of 2 rows of 11 holes all preset in relation to each other has to help.

The main reason I went for the cncdesigns jig was the size - for a standard size MFT with a 7 x 11 grid of holes, you only need to move the jig three times which reduces the 'opportunities' for error

I made a simple template on the miller a couple of aluminium dogs hold it in place after you’ve drilled the initial holes, very quick & accurate, I imagine the cncdesigns jig would be just as simple to use.
18CD3B5B-052C-4905-9EE9-6279E0EEB97F.jpeg

Well have now routed the dovetail slots for the Microjig system , the dogs were very useful at aligning the straight edge and my poor little Bosch 1/4 router managed by running a 6mm cutter and then the 14° dovetail cutter but you soon remember why you don't put these little routers into a table. If I had not been so lazy I would have took the Dewalt 625 off the Woodrat and used that, been much easier and quicker. I also have not put 20mm holes into two of the corners, instead the last holes were at 48mm, one of the Parf "offsets" because when making a corner joint a dog at 96mm is not in contact whereas at 48mm it provides extra location. What a lot of dust MDF produces when routing, it is really horrible stuff compared to wood and hats off to those who work with it on a regular basis, if I make any more tops with holes and dovetail slots I think I will look at Birch ply, a lot more pleasant to work with.

Latest posts

Back