Pantorouter build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you are unpleasant.

Way to assume a lot of things there. 1st off I am learning solidworks so I don't know how solidworks does things, but I specified the dimensions I needed for everything to scale the way I wanted it to, so no the math isn't wrong, it's the right math for what I want out of it. And no the way I build a template, I need the 118mm dimension to get it right so that's what I am going for. Radius is half with .05 mm reduced on purpose because the fillet function didn't work properly for me otherwise, it's something I will have to look into but that was a hack to get it working for now.

Also this screen shot isn't what would be printed so way to assume there too.

And how the heck wouldn't I need the width and length of the tenon template, how am I supposed to know what size to make it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you consider my post unpleasant - that was certainly not my intention - and in any case was never directed at you personally, just at SolidWorks.

Yes of course I made assumptions and they were based upon the fact that you said that you were 'learning' so most of the assumptions were that SolidWorks had done its thing and you just accepting that was how it should be. I've been reading engineering drawing for over 70 years and it took me quite some time to figure out what this drawing was trying to convey!

The 38 & 150 dimensions are 'obvious' from the 19mm Radius and the distance that the tool moves is 112mm not 118 which again is determined by reference to the 6mm width.

If the fillet function didn't work at 19mm there is a serious flaw in that function - again a dig at SolidWorks not you.

Last edited:
Back