panel beading putty.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ_1380

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've been looking around at some solid fielded panel doors online. It looks like a lot of them use beading to hold the panel in rather than using a groove in the rails/stiles and mould them with a decorative finish.

I'm guessing they just glue and pin the beading on, but do any of you know if its common practice to use a putty to seal in the joint? I'm thinking more for exterior use with the seasonal movement of the panel.

Cheers

Russ

russ_1380":2dof8szs said:
Hi

I've been looking around at some solid fielded panel doors online. It looks like a lot of them use beading to hold the panel in rather than using a groove in the rails/stiles and mould them with a decorative finish.
Never done like that traditionally. They may have panel mouldings pinned around panels (in grooves) but never instead of. nb the mouldings are pinned to the rails/stiles and not to the panels themselves.
I'm guessing they just glue and pin the beading on, but do any of you know if its common practice to use a putty to seal in the joint? I'm thinking more for exterior use with the seasonal movement of the panel.

Cheers

Russ
Never glued or puttied either. Putty would be there as a bodge for some reason. Do you have a link?
Glass may be beaded one or both sides so perhaps somebody replaced glass with panels in your examples.

Back