Panavise Fixturing 337 Vise Head made in USA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
The spelling of vise doesn't come naturally to me but that what is moulded on this fixturing head.
It came to me with some sundry unrelated items and after a bit of googling, its also on ebay spelt both ways, the following came up.

The following is copied from a webpage operated by
New panavise 337 fixturing head - great for wood worker was posted and is owned by: Celeste Pierce)

Brand NEW in the original Panavise package.
An exceptional choice for woodworkers and pattern makers! Your work can be attached easily to this universal Fixturing Head.
Six slots are 0.4375" (11.1mm) wide and 1.1875" (30.2mm) long; six 0.25" (6.3mm) bolt holes are evenly spaced on a 4.375" (111.1mm) bolt circle
Flat surface: 5.375" (136.5mm) in diameter
Shaft is 4.125" (104.8mm) long and 5/8" (15.9mm) in diameter; compatible with all 300 series Bases

Initially I thought it was a faceplate but the bore is not threaded - but it could be! the internal diameter as best I can measure is approx 9/16" or 14.2mm.

So if anyone uses Panavise products and they have been looking for one of these rush a pm to me :) or want this to tap to suit your spindle.

Attachments

• DSCF7549.JPG
    DSCF7549.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF7548.JPG
    DSCF7548.JPG
    964.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF7547.JPG
    DSCF7547.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
This looks like a faceplate to mount onto a shopsmith ( other clones exist) multimachine
that had a 5/8ths plain spindle..though your measure of 14.2 is well off 5/8"

Hi and thanks
Ive measured again with my Lidl special and it comes up with ·56" or 14·2mm - best I can do I wont try and convert to fractions.

The Panavise site shows the mounting plate with a 5/8" shaft to fit the mounting base. PanaVise Products, Inc. Why it is missing from your mounting plate would be a guess on my part. Hard to tell from the pictures what it is made of. If cast aluminium or pot metal it may not be a good idea to use it as a lathe faceplate. Can you tell what it is?

Pete

Thanks all for your interest and thoughts, my interest in the item has ended as I have now passed it on to someone else to enjoy
cheers

Latest posts

Back