Panasonic Ultra Blu-Ray player problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodieallen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoping that there is someone here who knows more about this stuff then I do !

We have a Samsung Ultra 4K TV which, as far as we can tell works just fine. Just taken delivery of a Panasonic Ultra Blu-Ray player and when it is connected to the TV, it keeps switching to black and then a few seconds later back to the picture then back to black etc. Any suggestions please ?

TIA

My first suspicion (I do audio-visual design for a living) is the cable, even/especially if it worked with a standard Blu-Ray or DVD player. 4KUHD requires a lot more bandwidth and the old cable may not be up to it, or a connector may be iffy. Intermittent picture can certainly be not enough bandwidth though.

1) See if you can try another cable
2) Buy a cheap but decent one - an Amazon Basics, or one of these (at an appropriate length):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KabelDirekt-Cable-compatible-FullHD-Ethernet-black/dp/B00B4CVV60/
Don't spend over a tenner on a 2m or under cable, but do look out for HDMI 2.0 or higher specification.

Well, have to confess that I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between 4K HD and normal HD.

Back