Palm router - any recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I am interested in acquiring a smaller palm router to compliment the large Makita which i have mounted in the router table and another larger Erbauer plunge that I use rarely - I find its too large for the majority of jobs and something smaller and more controllable would do the job better.

I've seen a Bosch package within the Axminster catalogue which includes a variety of flexible base systems etc for a very reasonable price (150 quid ish i think) but I had read reviews which questioned the quality of the height-adjustment and stability of some of the bases.

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for similar - that;s probably the sort of price range, but i can always have the arm twisted.... :roll:

Grateful for any thoughts

I bought one of the Bosch as an X-Mas present to myself, to supplement my router table mounted 1/2" Elu and a 1/4" DeWalt. The bases are varied and very useful, but I doubt I will ever use the router to its full potential. I use the standard square base when chamfering or bevelling to remove arras edges. I turned the round base out using a metalwork lathe to accept an old Elu bush, enabling me to use it with my hinge jigs. The fine height adjustment does lack the quality feel of something like the Lamello [my first choice but the cost of a decent holiday], but you soon get used to it.

Colin

Ah! That is very helpful thanks - I hadnt spotted the T4 - and at 80 quid that is a very good price.

Like you Colin, i am dubious I would use it for much other than edge mouldings, light grooving etc so Im thinking of coming down in price and saving that for some more timber..... (or the next time i put a board through the windscreen!!)

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back