Palletising/packing service?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Talk to the guys at Bede Tools in Jarrow they deal in used machinery so know what they are doing and may be able to assist one way or another.
Another possibility would be to find someone who regularly travels up and down the country moving stuff Tom Sullivan at Obzolete springs to mind but there must be others

Get your own pallet and tie it down and bubble wrap! Call “Pallex” they send out a guy with tail lift and off it goes!

Below is the AGS 10 that i shipped last year.

All the parts touching the wood were also screwed down, into the pallet.

The buyer mail ordered ratchet straps off eBay and gave me as a delivery address, so i had more than i needed.

You could have turned that pallet vertical, and nothing would have fallen off.

Don't ever expect anyone else to put in the same amount of effort, but, if you do want a seller to palletise anything, send them more straps then you think they will use, to at least make a point of what you want doing.

View attachment 108635
Good man. I wish you’d been there to instruct the apes who prepared the Wadkin radial arm saw I just bought on ebay.

They just put it on the pallet, wrapped it, and didn’t even bother to clamp the carriage with the clamp provided, nor even screw it down with the leg screw holes provided.

Needless to say, it arrived with some bits broken and was halfway off the pallet. And this was done by a joinery yard.

Back