Pallet wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not bad for a bit of a pallet!
2.5m long 150mm wide 25mm thick
Some kind of obscure rosewood.

Attachments

• IRS20190518_133108.jpg
    IRS20190518_133108.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 215
We used to get a very varied assortment of pallets and shipping crates that came with the new machines in my last shop, due to the procurement system they came from all north and south hemisphere continents.
Some you could not knock a nail in, they had been drilled and bolted, some almost as fibrous as coconut husks but very tough, many were red woods, often with waney edges, like yours by the looks of it, the sawmill off-cuts I presume in country of origin.

I saw a teak pallet that came from India not too long ago. Apparently Teak is crazy cheap in India along the Myanmar (Burma) border and it's used for all sorts still like cheap internal doors and furniture, What a real shame really.

Bearers are my favourite when I get deliveries. Just planed up several for a bathroom project and all appear to be mahogany of some description.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A buddy got a bunch of pallets made of Cocobolo. He used it to make his bathroom vanity face frames, doors, and drawer fronts. I think if he ever moves it will go with him. (hammer)

Good score. Looks like there is enough a jewelry box or two.

Pete

Back