Painting on render... how long-a-wait?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneyedmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Ay up folks,

As the title of this thread so cryptically suggests, I need to know how long can I leave render before I paint it? I've rendered a retaining wall in the garden, it's been up about 2 weeks.

I'm using Dulux Weathershield. What, if any would be the issue if I painted it too early? I want to get it done so that I can move all the soil back and level it, and get rid of the skip that's sat out the front. And it seems like proper weather is starting to rear it's ugly head so I want to get it sorted before it starts to freeze.

Cheers in advance. _Dan.

It's not all covered, just the first 1ft. I'm just painting below the soil-level so that it's a good finish. I also just need to know because I want it out of the way.

Cheers _Dan.

Soon as it looks dry I'd paint it. Not going to take long to dry as it should only be about 1/2" - 3/4" thick.
If it were me I'd paint some Bitumen or similar up to where the soil will reach, and another 9" above that if the soils is being left as is.

What Studders said or alternately a strip of hd plastic - DPM would be excellent. What I did a lot of years ago though only a 3 mtr length of raised flower bed, was use some scrap lengths of pvc sheet just stood against the wall, backfill with soil and top off with gravel. It's still as good as they day I did it.

Latest posts

Back