Painter's Touch paints

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiJimi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am still on my never-ending quest to find decent paints to paint my scroll saw projects. I have seen loads of people on here and other forums recommend the Rust Oleum Painter's Touch gloss paints but I can't get them to work for me. Do I have a bad batch? The Baby Pink seems to be the only one that behaves like paint. The rest (Bright Orange, Sea Blue, Bright Red) go on like ink and it doesn't matter how many coats I do, they won't cover the edge of birch ply. I haven#t used a sealant because that only seems to make them worse. Does anyone else use them?

Jimi

Jimi

Post a pic so we can see the problem I just use acrylics for my painted projects but the edge of ply is always difficult unless it’s filled or sealed I tend to steer clear of ply for painted projects
Martyn

Have you tried Wilkinsons paint match pots that are £1.50 ? have used them on odd projects that needed painting and it covers really well plus there's tons of colours and you can mix them and wash your brushes out in water (I use 1" foam brushes) you can buy match pots at other diy stores.
Cheers
Brian :)

Thanks for the video Claymore.

The pink paint that I bought is really thick but the blue, red and orange are like ink and are very thin. I can't understand why the consistency is so different between them.

I haven't tried Wilkos paint - is it hardwearing? It is for a toddler's toy and she bashes it around a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 546
Hi
I think you will need quite a strong paint if it’s for a toddlers toy also to cover ply edges it’s important to get that edge really smooth and then use a couple of layers of primers before trying the colours I tended to use a sanding sealer then go for a base colour before the final colour and a varnish over that, it was a lot of work and often it still didnt give a good finish on ply that’s why most of my kiddies jigsaws were made in MDF and finished in acrylics and varnish I’ll posts photo tomorrow of the dragons although I think I posted a photo on here before
Martyn

Back