Painter9 (corel software)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased painter9 (corel) from Amazon last week and it is crashes after almost every brush stroke. (like being in a word program and every time you touch your keyboard the program would crash)

I struggled for 3 days thinking perhaps I was not computer literate enough and then telephoned Corel support and got the message to have my credit card handy :roll: :roll: :roll: . I rang off and went on the web looking for forum support re Painter 9. Everyone else seems to be having the same problem as me :(

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=251826

So beware if interested in this sort of software.

(I have returned the program to Amazon has not off merchantable quality).

out of interest, what did you want corel draw for?

WiZeR":34lk2vxe said:
out of interest, what did you want corel draw for?

I like to paint(art) and in addition use various software programs(mainly paint shop pro9)
Have done some 3D modelling for the Microsoft Train Simulator as well.

The beauty I thought of painter9 would have been to freely paint landscape using my stylus and not rely on vector art.

devonwoody":35mnxkby said:
The beauty I thought of painter9 would have been to freely paint landscape using my stylus and not rely on vector art.

Interesting choice. Most people I know who design scrollsaw patterns prefer to use Corel products when they are looking to take advantage of its strong vector based software. Apparently, this facilitates enlargement better than bitmap dependent software such as that from JASC, who produce Paint Shop Pro.

Me? I know nuffink about such technical considerations coz I'm ignorant.

:)

Gill

DW, sounds unbelievably bad for a program that's been around as long as Painter :roll: .

You might find this interesting:
http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/

Dogwaffle (crazy name, groovy product) is completely free and should do a lot of what you're looking for. There's a highly-featured version for sale if you think you might need the extra functionality, but Dogwaffle isn't crippled in any way.

Back