Painted Shaker Cabinet...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to be getting more and more shaker jobs at present. Like these projects as their pretty quick to knock up and spray.

This one hides all the waste pipes that run down from the upper floor (hence the top box)
MDF, beech and tulip....

P1020726.jpg

Enjoyed working on this bathroom unit. The doors are solid oak, which (I think) gives a nice effect with the grain after a light spray...

P1020684.jpg

I don't seem to be getting many orders for unpainted work? Has anyone else noticed this (or is it just me?)

Russ

Nice job, why paint Oak though, Ash looks the same when painted? My last six jobs for clients have all been painted, and in a similar style to yours. I would say 80% of my work is painted now, that said I'm doing a curved oak DJ booth next.

it's nice and i'm glad I'm not doing that sort of finishing work anymore, has to me made, sprayed and then handled with kid gloves, into the van and probably up someone's staircase ...

I don't seem to be getting many orders for unpainted work? Has anyone else noticed this (or is it just me?)
Russ
Just fashion, it'll all change around in a few years.

I've been in my present house (well a bungalow actually) for about 17 years and have loss count of the number of new kitchens that get fitted as the houses around me sell. One house just across the road has changed hands several times over the years and has had .... 3 new kitchens! The latest has just be finished. Out with one load of MDF and in with the next :)

Russ

I am the same, with a lot of the work I am getting at the moment being painted as well, but it pays the bills so like you just get on with it and wait for the fashion to change again.

At least it looks better that the waxed pine stuff that was the fashion in the 80's and 90's.

Tom

tomatwark":371hpmg7 said:
Russ
I am the same, with a lot of the work I am getting at the moment being painted as well, but it pays the bills so like you just get on with it and wait for the fashion to change again. ...
Tom
... and then you can do it again in the new fashion and pay more bills :) :)

tomatwark":3v5a8svk said:
Russ

I am the same, with a lot of the work I am getting at the moment being painted as well, but it pays the bills so like you just get on with it and wait for the fashion to change again.

At least it looks better that the waxed pine stuff that was the fashion in the 80's and 90's.

Tom

I quite enjoy painted commissions! Yes, it pays the bills. In fact, I reckon there's more profit in painted work then solid wood. But I suppose it all depends on quality and how quick you can turn jobs around?

Not really interested for the fashion to change over night!

Russ

Russ":jgt8ve94 said:

Russ

Last year seemed to be a lot of Oak fitted furniture, so far this year a few Oak pieces a fair amount of painted finishes and quite a bit of interest for Ash. I have to say I am a fan of Ash. :)

Latest posts

Back