Paint Storage Jars/Tins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
What would you recommend for storing paint? For example, I have 4 litres left over of oil based matt that I want to keep, but the lip of the tin is all bashed up. 1 litre containers would be fine, but obviously have to be for purpose and not food containers (yes, I have searched).

I think I would prefer screw tops for airtightness, the clip on type lids I'm not so sure about. Am I right?

Any ideas or experience of?

Cheers

I use 1kg yoghurt "buckets" for my paint. Not only are they are great size as a paint kettle but they also store paint very also, I have successfully stored paint in some for years without it drying out.

They are also good general purpose buckets for all sorts of things and they stack very well for storage. It helps of course that they are free as the missus goes through one every 10days or so.

Mayo or sauce tubs from the chippie. fill em up closed snap the lid and store upside down and Bobs y'ur kitchen cabinet maker with a nice car :)

Back