Page 25

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I figure I'm Rob's stooge for a day.

Here's page 25 from the forthcoming LV catalog.

p25a.jpg

Mike

MikeW":17dw4xhm said:
Ok, so I figure I'm Rob's stooge for a day.

(snip...)

Mike

No worries Mike - you're not a complete "stooge" .... The top plane's missing an accessory.... 8)

Maybe there's a shot of it around here somewhere..... :roll:

Gotta go check the "tickle trunk"....

(now there's a Cdn cultural reference....)

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":18rrbz7u said:
MikeW":18rrbz7u said:
Ok, so I figure I'm Rob's stooge for a day. (snip...)Mike
No worries Mike - you're not a complete "stooge" .... The top plane's missing an accessory.... 8)
Rob
Yeah, I know. But if I find two of my friends to stand-in, we would be...

Philly":1r80o3sv said:
O.k.-so whats the brass knob thingy in front of the mouth??
Phillycurious :D

Come on Philly . . .

Give it a guess . . . .

Something the LN jointer doesn't have . . .

Oh look, the BUPP's got the Mk2 rear tote. The fence I already knew about, and it did bother me that it might be the reason the cambered blades were being neglected by the honing guide. :roll: Blooming thing doesn't even do angles; haven't checked to see if the #386 will fit on the BUT but what's the betting it doesn't? I was going to try just living with those three as my bench planes and see if they really do cover all eventualities, but already I'm thwarted. For shame, Robin. [-X :p

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Adjustable <blank>, Phil... :-$

Alf":1xidzy9c said:
Blooming thing doesn't even do angles...
Cheers, Alf
Yep, just like a couple of my other planes, looks like one will need to make one's own wooden fences, mark 'em for their angles, and store 'em so one *might* be able to find and resuse them in the future.

But then, I'll probably just continue to do what I most often do. Cut the angles on the BS or TS and lightly plane long angled edges and shoot the short ones.

But if the sides of the BUPP are deep enough, won't the #386 still attach? Have you seen if the thing will attach to the LA Jack?

Mike

MikeW":1sjvtnof said:
But if the sides of the BUPP are deep enough, won't the #386 still attach? Have you seen if the thing will attach to the LA Jack?

Mike

Ok, what's a #386? :-k

Alf":18rmxe19 said:
Blooming thing doesn't even do angles; haven't checked to see if the #386 will fit on the BUT but what's the betting it doesn't? I was going to try just living with those three as my bench planes and see if they really do cover all eventualities, but already I'm thwarted. For shame, Robin. [-X :p

Maybe other accessories are in the works?

MikeW":a0ym0351 said:
Have you seen if the thing will attach to the LA Jack?
It doesn't. :evil: IIRC it was the slope at the front of the mouth down towards the toe that was the problem, but I'd have to check. The BUT looks like it may have the same difficulty, but for some reason it never occurred to me to try. #-o I'll remedy that tomorrow.

Dave, #386.

Cheers, Alf

They look great too, not that that matters. So much more 'masculine' than a LN.

Latest posts

Back