P/T setup advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased the SIP P/Thicknesser in Feb. this year and can say that it has performed satisfactorily, still using the factory fitted blades (8 months).

However I would like to find a full proof way to setup the extraction outlet box when in the planing (how do you spell that one) mode.

The problem is of course that if the box isn't set just right the micro switch does not set. My back does'nt like it going down there 2/3 times and having another go!

Has any member got a system or jig to get over my problem.

HI DW,

I have the Perform version of this machine and found that the the little metal arm that works the micro switch had been bent. :shock: Once I tweaked it I don't have this problem anymore. :)

It only showed up when a friend came round to see the newish toy and at the time I could not get the thing to start let alone cut timber. :oops:

Hi DW

I have the same machine as you and have had no prolems in the manner you describe.
When changing over I slowly wind the table up and watch the horizontal location slots very carefully (semi circular indents in collector) which need to locate in the round steel bar that the table adjustment handle is attached to. If the bar fits snugly in the indent, then it will work fine - any misalignment here and the safety switch will not be made.

The safety switch is located to the front of the machine and the actuation bar could be easily tweaked but I don't really think this is advisable from a safety point of view as the standard setting ensures that the chip collector hood is firmly clamped in place

Hope this is helpful

I'm thinking along the lines that if the chip collector had more pronounced lugs it might be easier to locate it at the correct spot.
I've nipped my fingers once or twice when winding up the handle and holding the chip collector. I'm inclined to put my arm in the tube to hold it in place but then have trouble keeping everything steady etc.

Back