Overdrive, (library app)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone here please advise me on working with Overdrive please.

For some years I have been happy running overdrive/Libby on my Ipad efficiently but today I found I could now have the app also running on a windows 10 PC.
I succeeded in downloading OK and put in three libraries from our local library.
My problem is trying to upload Overdrive, it is not listed at programs nor in the programs list in Controls. To get the program to launch I go to the bottom line on my PC and use search, type in Overdrive and the program appears and works. But how do I have an Icon or the option to just launch?

Thanks Nev., microsoft request I open an app to play the video but it sticks when I click ok, any further help appreciated.

The Youtube video should open with your browser - the same programme that you read this forum with.

If you get the wait circle, left click anywhere on the video then start the video as normal.

To add an icon to the desktop (ie a shortcut), go to the start menu & find the programme in the list,
Right click on it & select 'Open file location'
Find the programme 'exe' file (it might be highlighted), right click on it & select 'Send to desktop - create shortcut'.

Back