Overall dimensions of a Kity 419??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In my quest for a new table saw i have come across this one
419kit.gif

But i need to know the overall dimensions of the saw...

Does anyone know, or does someone have one who can kindly measure it for me :)

Ta

Tom

Machine Mart in Leeds had a selection ok Kity machines the last time I was in there.Might be worth a trip to view them, It's on Kirkstall road, just under the viaduct.

Hi Tom,

I've just measured my saw...

The saw with the extension table on the RHS measures 1 metre wide, the sliding table on the left adds a further 40cm. Then you need to add the sliding table fence, which is adjustable but allow another 30cm. The main saw is 62cm front to back, but the sliding table rail is 1 metre long, again this is adjustable so 1 metre would be the minimum depth. It stands 84cm high.

I hope this helps

Wulf

Hello Tom
Im afraid that is one of the drawbacks of the kitty 419 nothing folds away
the full width as in your picture would be 1420mm including the sliding table and as Wulf stated that is 1 metre long, so it has quite a large footprint when made up, I have mine set up on a trolly to enable moving it to a wall when not in use, IMHO a great bit of kit
Nigel

thomaskennedy":20hk4ylm said:
Hi Wulf...

Does the extension fold down easily?

Thanks for hint about Machine Mart :wink: I'll check them out tommorow hopefully :D

Ta

Tom

Tom

The extension on the kity 419 does not fold down at-all as it is bolted to the table and to extended fence support rails.

In my (and GWW) opinion, you won't go wrong with a fully specified 419 (sliding table + extension)

I love mine :wink:

Tom,

Like they said above, nothing folds on the Kity. It's a good saw, with moderate capacities. I particularly like the cast aluminium table, I'm not so thrilled about the way it throws dust about!

Wulf

Hi Tom,

I have a Kity 419, and I have adapted mine by cutting the long running rails just beyond the end of the main saw table and hinged them so that the table folds down.
I drilled the underside of the rail and pop riveted the hinges in place. (One of the rivets fits into the groove on the extrusion)
It works fine for me, and I intend to rig up a hinged leg as well, but at the moment I have a brace that sits under the extension and braces back to the lower part of the leg assembly.

Andy

Back