Over slippers - please save my life

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Silly question time, does anyone know of any light weight slippers or similar that can be pulled on over normal boots when I make a quick visit to the house.

I'm constantly getting earache for dragging shavings all over the house, I've tried using plastic bags but they're not the best looking of options, Sainsbury's on the left boot and Tesco on the right.

Regards....Mike

Mike

I'm on a ship in the Irish Sea at the moment and we use elasticated plastic boot covers. There's a box of them at each door into the accommodation so that people can slip them over workboots if they just need to nip inside for a sec.

They use them on the rigs too. They are supposed to be disposable once-only things but most of the lads just stick them in their boilersuit pocket and use them over and over.

I guess a Personal Protective Equipment supplier should be able to supply you some if you fancy going this route. It's a step up from Tesco & Sainsbury's :D

PM me and I'll post you a couple of pairs if you like so you can see what I'm on about.

Cheers
Scott

Drywalkers™
. Not sure if they'd be effective enough against sawdust though. Alternatively, how often d'you visit hotels? Those Screwfix ones look awfully like disposable shower caps...

Cheers, Alf

They use those drywalker things in our local creche. Everyone shuffles with them because it is all lino floors. I reckon they could be a bit cumbersome if you had to actually lift your feet on carpet ..... but maybe that's because I always seem to get the size 15 ones :roll:

hi
am i in the same boat or what,my mrs is a fanatical cleaner,hoovers 3 times a day,when i come up from the workshop, she stands there,like hitler on a very bad day, holding clothes out for me to change into,i dont mind the changing , but i live on a very busy road and i am not in perfect shape.
ho for the love of wood,and not women
seems i cant say it so...
buy that lady the biggest blackpudding

Mike

I just used to use two pairs of shoe - old ones kept in the garage and my normal clean(er) ones to walk to the house

Garage now attached to the house so I can just step out of the shoes at the door :lol:

I'm like Tony two pairs of shoes but i am still not let in if I get a tiny bit muddy, I used to have to wash myself off after cycling before I could go in to get a shower :shock: .

As for the overshoes I also use the blue shower cap types, work very well and can be used over and over again.

Bean

Couple of Tesco bags and rubber bands? No, ok, bye...

Noel

No use, but I bought some steel toe capped trainers from axminster the other day, I'm thinking how cool it'd be if you could get steel toe capped slippers...

Back