Over-engineering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studders":4lsmbwya said:
Jonzjob":4lsmbwya said:
.......change from a couple of thousand or so ££££s.....
A small price to pay for a home grown Tomato, I think you'll all agree.

:)

More like peonies :D

Go for a poly tunnel Roger, that way you can over winter timber in there & free up shop space :lol:

Don't talk to me about lovely tasty tomatoes Studders. If we chuck a few tomatoe plants in the ground in the spring we finish up having to pick then right through the summer and we still haven't managed to get rid of them yet!

I mean, there is a limit! Tasty tomatoes every lunch time in our salads. Big, likkle, yellow, stripey and all so tasty you don't know which way to turn.

Disgracefull I call it and all out in the open flaunting themselves! AND we have to water them sometimes too!

Don't sympathise too much. It is our cross and we have to bear it :roll: :roll: :roll: Even the temprature in the pool has dropped to 25. Such is life :? :? :?

RogerS":10ayskrw said:
OK...just to recap. I started this thread worrying about gas struts. However, I was missing the point.

I now need :

1) linear actuators linked to a temperature/humidity sensor
2) on a geodesic dome
3) that auto-rotaes to follow the sun
4) with solar panels to generate the power for the drive and feeds the surplus back to the grid
5) auxiliary power output to the garden sprinklers
6) a wireless webcam so I can monitor the growth
7) and a taser for vermin

Did I get that right? #-o
No skills":10ayskrw said:
You have forgotten the plant nutrient solution delivered to the soil via a peristaltic pump, oh and the ph monitors which you could link to a display in the house (wireless of course).
Jonzjob":10ayskrw said:
At this rate you should have a nice, simple cold frame AND change from a couple of thousand or so ££££s

Bargain! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
With all that, it would be foolhardy to ignore the question of security. You're going to need a burglar alarm, razor wire, electric fence, floodlights, ferocious dogs and full time security staff, at the very least.

Thanks everyone - this has been the most entertaining thread in ages. :lol:

Jonzjob":150humbk said:
Even the temprature in the pool has dropped to 25. Such is life :? :? :?

25 ??? that's just too much to expect one to bear, I appreciate your stoic attitude but really, it just isn't on.

Do you have some sort of Department to call on in an Emergency such as this?

Perhaps you and Rog could 'touch bases' and you could get some sort of Greenhouse built, by the authorities naturally, over your Pool?

I suppose there could well be a Département des Piscine, but I doubt they would be interested :? :? They'd just think I was piscine about :oops:

An 'abri', greenhouse, won't be possible because at best they look like a greenhouse. Plus, we wouldn't be able to see the bird bath the other side of the pool, domage!

We will just to grin and bear it, in the pool of course :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Butch or what 8)

I thought it was a Maison de Verre?

Either way: Ne lancez pas de pierres. 8)

Hat, Coat, Exit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> John :D

A proper greenhouse is 'une serre'. Un abri is the common name for a perspex greenhouse type jobbie over la piscine..

All this masculine et feminine does my flamin 'ead in! :shock: :shock:

So. Now do we have a clear plan as to what the mini Eden project is going to look like now and a costing of course?

I'm all a tingle with anticipation, or it could be indegestion :? :?

Edit : - Just found this! It could really spice up the project http://www.connexionfrance.com/Eiffel-T ... ticle.html

Wow! The sky's the limit!! Or should that be the ground? :? :?

There's the wonder of the English language eh Jon? :)

A green house is a house that's painted green (or a young house!! :mrgreen: )
A greenhouse is a glass structure for growing stuff inside of!

No wonder the French get annoyed with us at times.

Best of luck with the project though.

John :D

All this masculine et feminine does my flamin 'ead in! :shock: :shock:
It's the complete lack of any logic behind it that gets me.
Eg. the words for beard and moustache. Why are they both feminine nouns in French?

Oh well, if in Germany we'd have neuter to worry about too.
(hammer) And another thing! Why is the German word for 'girl' neuter, not feminine? :?

Back