Outsource your job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Quite a few folk here seem to work in IT. This item from geekpress.com may be of interest:-

Friday, August 20, 2004
Outsource your job to earn more! Great quote from a Slashdot poster:

About a year ago I hired a developer in India to do my job. I pay him $12,000 out of the $67,000 I get. He's happy to have the work. I'm happy that I have to work only 90 minutes a day just supervising the code. My employer thinks I'm telecommuting. Now I'm considering getting a second job and doing the same thing.

Blimey Chris what a great idea. I fancy working 90 minutes a daya and spend the rest in the workshop playing. Takes some guts to do it though :wink:

Do you think the students will hear him from India? :p

Well looks like a good idea Chris. I doubt I could get away with it as like Tony, I am interactive with people around me. :(

But all that time to spend in the workshop makes it tempting to try. :shock:

I've had the dubious pleasure of specifying program changes that have gone to India for development. If you don't telll them exactly what to do down to the smallest detail, well, beware of what you get back!
There was one program that had come back that I had to review. Spec had said 'Initialise all variables.' Should have said 'Initialise all variables used by the program.' Trouble is that the program had a lot of file definitions with variables that weren't used and the chap in his innocence had typed Move 0/spaces to all of them. Program needed maybe a few dozen of them. He had typed in something like two thousand lines initialising each and every variable!
Not a big application killing error this time but gave us all a good laugh though.

How can i get someone in India to pick a passenger up from Kings X stn,
and take them to St.Pauls cathedral :? :wink:

TX

tx2man":2xb5yplj said:
How can i get someone in India to pick a passenger up from Kings X stn,
and take them to St.Pauls cathedral :? :wink:
That's easy.

It's getting 'em to take you south of the river after 10pm that's the tricky one... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

We can laugh and joke about this subject but I think there is a very serious situation involving illegal (and even legal) immigrants which needs to be sorted.

Blunkett got Sangatte closed by the French by giving all the inmates free passage to the UK on trumped-up work visas a couple of years ago. Now those immigrants have got another arrangement - living in the woods around where Sangatte concentration camp used to be:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3587720.stm

Andrew

Back