Outlook, I E & MSN Messenger

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got an intermittent problem......

On some occasions when I open Internet Explorer after I've opened Outlook (6), my MSN Messenger starts to log in. I've been into Outlook's Tools - Options - General and unchecked 'Automatically log in to Windows Messenger' and clicked apply, even though it was already unchecked and it will still occur...but not all the time. :?

Any ideas how to stop this happening?

Cheers,

Howard

Howard,
Don't know if it will help but in the Options, General tab of MSN Messenger there is a check box for "allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet" If that is checked it may be what is causing the problem.

cd

Howard

I don't know whether cd's suggestion worked but in my experience you either hit on a solution very quickly or 'it's just one of those things'.

I have a niggle on my PC whereby the Epson driver/Firefox combination won;t remember my preferred paper size. I just live with it.

Roger

Roger Sinden":3d9iec6m said:
Howard

I don't know whether cd's suggestion worked but in my experience you either hit on a solution very quickly or 'it's just one of those things'.

I have a niggle on my PC whereby the Epson driver/Firefox combination won;t remember my preferred paper size. I just live with it.

Roger

Yep, tried cd's suggestion and it's still playing up. Thanks though, Cd.

Think you're right, Roger - It's one of them things.....pain in the a***, all the same!

Cheers,

Howard

Back