Outfeed & Dust extraction for the Xcalibur 804

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailer

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a fun weekend doing this :p .....well in between looking after children and the like :D

Anyway the saws a lot safer and cleaner to use now.....not that it wasn't before but timber dropping on the motor after you've pushed it through is not ideal :D

The outfeed table was made from 25mm MDF in two sections one sticking out the back as far as the motor and the rest was hinged so it could be dropped down when not in use.
Its connected to the saw via a couple of MDF pieces screwed to the rear fence rail and supported by a couple of brackets also of MDF......suprisingly the cabinet was square to the saw table so the brackets required no further adjustment.....bonus :D
The right hand bracket gets in the way when doing bevel cuts......so you have to remove it.....which isn't the end of the world.

804OFDE009.jpg

804OFDE013.jpg

804OFDE010.jpg

Finally found a use for those roller stands i had :p

804OFDE011.jpg

The dust extraction came from an article in "Fine Woodworkings"...."Working with table saws"......Dust proofing your contractors saw.

It works pretty well :D ......removing i'd say 95% of the saw dust you produce considering there's no provision for dust extraction on a contractors saw.

Basically it's a box screwed to the stand under the cabinet with a 100mm hole in it.
A few ramps where put in around the inside of the cabinet to allow the sawdust to fall into the box below and all the holes sealed with duct tape.....it wasn't pretty but as it was inside the cabinet it didn't matter.
A MDF panel was cut in the best i could to try and seal the back off.

804OFDE003.jpg

804OFDE004.jpg

804OFDE006.jpg

804OFDE014.jpg

Hehe......i can actually start using it now :D

Cheers

Nailer,

That looks the business, should help no end on long cuts. :D

Theres a bit of a rash of these going around, might just catch it and manage to make on for my saw. :wink:

nice one kev did you have a bit of fun putting the motor back :) why not try the plastic bag trick on the back ,and did you you get you no what from m/mart 8) 8)

Good job Nailer. If you want you could bolt on a hefty bit of angle iron on the left hand side of the saw table and this would support the first part of the outfeed table and then you could dispense with the bracket. Let me know if need a picture.

Noel

Cheers Noel.....a pic would be great :D

Frank

Yep my trip to machine Mart was a successful one....not had chance to use it yet though :shock:

Turns out Nailer lives just a few miles from me, so i popped round this afternoon to have a gander at his saw. The outfeed table and dust collection shown in the photos makes all the difference. I'm totally decided on the woodford 804 now too, cheers Kev :D

Here's the angle iron:

AngleIron.jpg

Stuck it on just to see if it would hold and resist any flexing. Then I meant to turn it over so the lip would be under the tables.....starting to get a bit rusty too (the iron, that is).
But anyway, it works very well. And I drew no blood............

Noel

I am glad that you posted pics of the dust extraction, I wouldn't have thought about sloping the bottom I was thinking of a box with just a 100mm hole in it.

Cheers

Nailer i have just got a 801 and was looking to do the same as you thanks for sharing it with us it will be a great help

many thanks

martyn

Back