out of the mouths of babes ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":9sou8yqe said:
Oh, the irony. He went on our already quite large weekly Tesco order last night and added £50 to it. :lol:
How much of that was beer. :wink: :lol:

you can get loads and loads of pot noodles for £20 :roll:

Lons":1vwkeqk4 said:
phil.p":1vwkeqk4 said:
Oh, the irony. He went on our already quite large weekly Tesco order last night and added £50 to it. :lol:
How much of that was beer. :wink: :lol:
None - he's anti tobacco, drugs and alcohol . My wife believes he was switched with someone else's child at birth. :D

Students are a strange breed, live for 3 years on junk food or buying cheaper while away, come back home and their buying habits change.
I blame their mothers, so glad to see them back in the nest and mollycodled. :lol:

Your lad sounds as if he has a good attitude.

We have our 6 year old granddaughter today, that will keep me busy! :wink:

My lads are 6 and 8 and I fear they are already beyond saving. Conversation last week.

Child: Dad I’m hungry.
Me: what would you like?
Child: Anything I’m hungry.
Me: I’ve made you some carrot sticks to munch, you like those.
Child: What, no, I only eat veggie sticks with humus! Goes off in a huff.

Sigh, first world problems.

Fitz.

Years ago in Greece,
very large old man (fat), with a big grey beard laying on a lounger on the opposite side of the swimming pool with a bright red shirt on. My lad was 4, as he ran past him he stopped and stared for about 20 seconds.
Then jumping up and down in excitement and at the top of his voice accross the crowded swimming pool area he shouted

"DAD, DAD, DAD, look it's santa claus, he's on holiday, he's very fat and hairy"

phil.p":3vyhe6o8 said:
My lad leaves for university in a few weeks. He's informed my wife that he expects his total weekly shopping bill to come to no more than £20. :lol:
Boy is he in for a shock!
Mine you if he eats in MacD's 4 days a week, Uni cheap range meals for 2, then he might get away with spending £20 in Tesco's.......

Bod

phil.p":1kdsdtiv said:
Glynne":1kdsdtiv said:
phil.p":1kdsdtiv said:
None - he's anti tobacco, drugs and alcohol . My wife believes he was switched with someone else's child at birth. :D
Has he discovered women yet?

No. Nor men. :D
This list of things he hasn't discovered yet leads me to believe that he is a very nice young man, and therefore he is keeping his parents completely in the dark regarding his "habits" out of a desire to protect their delicate sensibilities.

The list of appalling things that I got up to in my teenage years, that my parents had not one clue about, would take a long time to compile.

Driving to our holiday destination today my 9 year old lad pipes up out of nowhere from the back seat:

"Mummy, would it disturb you to know I know how to undo a ladies bra?"

Good job we'd pulled over for a stop or I might have crashed the car I was laughing so hard.

Fitzroy":3r17up3h said:
My lads are 6 and 8 and I fear they are already beyond saving. Conversation last week.

Child: Dad I’m hungry.
Me: what would you like?
Child: Anything I’m hungry.
Me: I’ve made you some carrot sticks to munch, you like those.
Child: What, no, I only eat veggie sticks with humus! Goes off in a huff.

Sigh, first world problems.
Fitz.

Well, at least it shows that he has a sense of humus :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

£20 per week? Can be done. D-in-L went back for a second degree, largely self-financed; she lives meat-free etc etc in London during term time, then switches back to omnivore at home. She's got my deep respect.

Sam

I had similar limitations when I went to uni, think it was £21 a week, it definitely taught me very fast how to cook and where to get the cheapest ingredients from, usually the market, so it's possible.

phil.p":30uquuea said:
My lad leaves for university in a few weeks. He's informed my wife that he expects his total weekly shopping bill to come to no more than £20. :lol:

I worked at Wimpy* in Cambridge whilst doing my studies. Lived off that for a long time. Dear lord the bean burgers. *parp*. but working there kept all my food bills down. I don't think I ate a meal not from there for 3 years.

*yes it was that long ago.

Back