Our Man Graham....PW Writer Extraordinaire!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there's another thread about this...I did see a post or two but I thought I would bring it to the top so to speak.

Our man Graham...AKA G S Haydon...has finally made it to the big time with a spot on Practical Woodworking Magazine...

1376985_207080369465460_1794099909_n.jpg

Hello, from an English Joiner!

I have long been thinking...often out loud...that our Graham should get his backside on TV with his most excellent videos...and now his wealth of knowledge and relaxed and enjoyable presentation skills have moved on to the quill...and a global quill at that.

=D> =D>

So Graham...may I be the first on this thread to congratulate you on your fame and fortune and I trust we mere mortals will be popping by often to give the Brit some encouragement...

Guys?

Jimi

Thanks Jim,

I must update that photo from FB, it's about 4 years old now. I have less hair and more of it grey! Not sure about the big time Jim :lol: it's just nice to have a chance to write for another location other than my blog. It's only a trial and it might disappear by the end of the year if it's not received well. But that's just fine by me, it's fun to give it a try.
Thanks Neil DTR & Andy!

G

Way to go GS , this is going to be fun!! I sorta thought it would be Jimi who would beat me to the punch as well. Well spotted sir. As to being well received , I think you can count on us in the Hand Tool Ward to provide a start at a fan base amigo. :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Yup...that was a corker of a choice there Graham....excellent prose...great subject matter and leaves one thinking...questions of history...great stuff indeed!

If you find out more about your Mr Langmaid let me know and I will send it all to "my" Dr Langmaid.....I bet my hat they're related!

Jimi

Excellent stuff Graham, and good luck with the regular posts - now I'll have to add PWW to my regular round of the blogs and websites, and not just an occasional visit.

I enjoyed the toolchest article - it does chime with the zeitgeist, chests being all the rage for tool storage an' all. The constructional details like the lapped dovetails and bead to the till bottoms was interesting - a bit of extra care and pride that says something about Mr Langmaid.

Thanks for checking in chaps. They do indeed seem very popular CC. It's something than none of the previous three Haydon's had. Both My Great Grandfather and Grandfather had tool bags when they needed to be mobile and tools hung on the wall in the workshop. Typical example below. Perhaps handcarts and leather bags will be the next big thing :lol:

G S H.jpg

I did some generic internet searches but drew a blank on Mr Langmaid, it would be nice to find out a bit more.

Attachments

• G S H.jpg
    G S H.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3,295
G S Haydon":36vcs9sk said:
Thanks for checking in chaps. They do indeed seem very popular CC. It's something than none of the previous three Haydon's had. Both My Great Grandfather and Grandfather had tool bags when they needed to be mobile and tools hung on the wall in the workshop. Typical example below. Perhaps handcarts and leather bags will be the next big thing :lol:

I did some generic internet searches but drew a blank on Mr Langmaid, it would be nice to find out a bit more.

What a superb picture mate! That is so wonderful!

Re Mr Langmaid...I'm sure that THE PROF could track him down...he's pretty amazing at that sort of stuff!

Jimi

Thanks Chaps. My hobby is the fun stuff in my spare time. I can assure you that during the day there are all the normal headaches #-o and happiness :D you get in any walk of life.

Back