other hobbies? yeah right

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave i made a jig (shush dont tell you know who )for the table saw its to cut accurate angles i wish ,well i tried cutting some and you have to get them spot on like 6 sided up to 15 sided for turning on the lathe.its called segmented turning . i think it should be renamed as demented turning ](*,) so you cut some wood then see if it makes a ring then try again ?? i think trev might have tried this . so i have some firewood but dont have a fire to burn them in . #-o

frank":1quua5de said:
i made a jig (shush dont tell you know who )for the table saw its to cut accurate angles i wish

Thats why I bought an osborne EB3 miter guide for my table saw. :D

frank":1quua5de said:
so i have some firewood but dont have a fire to burn them in . #-o

Now I can help there as along with Trev I heat the shop with a wood burner, in fact I have made two dust bins full of ash planings over the last two days, the bench is getting very close now. :-$

Not sure if you'd call "fatherhood" a hobby...? - it takes all of my time up these days, especially since Holly (daughter no 2) was born in Dec 04.
Other hobbies have been reading but had a funny 5 minutes last year - thougyht I'd create some space and use the local library - and took nearly 2,000 books to the local charity shop ( 3 car loads) - kept all my reference books but I wish I hadnt done it now.
Music was / is the other main hobby and has been part time employment for many many years up till 2003 - mainly acoustic blues - I sing and play guitar / dobro / banjo / mandolin and was picking up a bit of violin but as well as fatherhood - carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis have got in the way. Im seeing the hand surgeon this Friday so hope to get the left hand done soon. I still run a monthly acoustic blues session in the local pub.
I hope to get some time to get back down the shed for a bit of WW'ing one day. Oh, and i like changing the words to popular songs (usually making them rude) and singing them with my 9 year old and embarrassing the extended family!.

Well, I think my, err, avatar is a bit of a give away, but heres me in action! Taking photos like this

31374074.jpg

31369049.jpg

Gives me an annual crop.....

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Adam

What wonderful photos - how I envy you Adam. I've always wanted to keep bees too, but His Lordship absolutely draws the line at them. He won't let me have a miniature nanny goat, either :( . I suspect the only reason he let me have a new workshop was so that it'd leave insufficient space in the garden for a goat.

Gill

Absolutly anything involving the water and not having an engine - Sailing, windsurfing, Surfing, snorkling etc.

DIY has been a constant fro the last year as we re-built a house, but woodwork is coming back into the front runner position now that the workshop is nearl complete.

Back