OT: Heartfelt Sympathies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning lady and gentlemen.

Now we've been round this one before, and political comment just has to go, regardless. If we start saying "oh this bit's okay" then all of a sudden everyone thinks it's fine to post whatever they fancy and all hell breaks loose. I'm afraid it has to be a draconian policy or else you'd get some pretty ratty mods on your hands 'cos we'd be spending the whole time having to make fine line judgement calls. In order to keep this forum the happy place it is, I would ask you to please respect the decision, even if you don't understand the reasons. We do not do this sort of thing lightly, as most of you well know. And can you please not always take recourse to bandying about "censorship" as soon as we have to actually do our jobs? It's a cheap shot, and an inaccurate one. No further discussion about this necessary on the public forum, thanks.

Many thanks to those expressing sympathy. I lived in London a lot longer than I've been a country mouse, and I reckon Londoners are pretty capable of coping with this. They've had a lot of practice unfortunately. :roll: My view is the less coverage we give these events, the less we pander to the publicity-craving perpetrators, but to each their own.

Cheers, Alf

Back