OSB T&G Cutter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am currently fitting a lot of 18mm OSB as lining to my tool storage room 8) :roll:
All is going well but I am now getting to the point where I have to cut a lot of smaller pieces to fill and fit odd corners, round rafters etcetc.
I would obviously like to make as much use as possible of offcuts but keep finding that the bits left over have the tongue or the grrove the'wrong' way round for where I need it to go.
I am wondering if there is a special router cutter set available that will mill this profile so that I can get a clean edge on the TS and then cut the tongue OR groove where I want it.
It appears that the profile is assymetric so an ordinary T&G cutter will not do it.
Any one know of such a thing please?
Cheers,
Martin

I'm not sure I fully understand but could you not use a slot cutter, perhaps thinner than the finished width you require?

I think 0SB is grooved like flooring chipboard & ply. The tongue is tapered and one leg of the groove is longer than the other.

I've not seen a cutter either router or spindle that will do the job.

Jason

Jason,
Your description is spot on!
This means that you can only lay the boards one way round for a tight almost invisible joint on the 'show' side.
When the glass fibre roof was done they used a moisture resistant grade of OSB but laid 'upside' down so that the resin could run into the small gap and act like glue.
I assume that there is no cutter available so you use more material Grrrrr!
Cheers,
Martin

9fingers,
The problem is that all I want to do is to be able to fit the odd shaped pieces to the existing tongue or groove already on the wall.
If there was a similar cutter available this means that the offcuts could be used economically, as it is I have to cut into new boards more often than I would like :cry:
Cheers,
Martin

Latest posts

Back