Organiser cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikej460

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
After breaking a few of my dozens of jars full of screws etc I decided to expand my small collection of stanley organisers. Then whilst dodging the weather that was slowing up my greenhouse build I made a cabinet for them.
20210315_100924.jpg

Unfortunately the supply of the shallow organisers with grey plastic catches has suddenly dried up and Stanley no longer list them on their website which is a pain. I've decided to wait to see if more come available. Although I like them a lot they are not conducive to sliding on rails as they have various plastic bits that stick out, hence the gaps. Still, I'm pleased with how it's turned out. The only cockup was fixing the the top upside down so there is a flaw showing but it's not enough to want me to change it.

Last edited:
That looks very successful mike, my only critisism / suggestion would be to have the top protruding forward slightly to minimise the chances of the catches snagging on trousers. But you'll soon see if its an issue in use.

Is it dowel joined?

Annoying about the availability of shallow organisers, i've found a few things recently were out of stock wherever I looked, which I've put down to covid and brexit. Hopefully supplies in general will become easier soon.

That looks very successful mike, my only critisism / suggestion would be to have the top protruding forward slightly to minimise the chances of the catches snagging on trousers. But you'll soon see if its an issue in use.

Is it dowel joined?

Annoying about the availability of shallow organisers, i've found a few things recently were out of stock wherever I looked, which I've put down to covid and brexit. Hopefully supplies in general will become easier soon.
Thanks it's pocket screwed glued and pinned where needed. I made it deeper than the cases so I can decide how far I want them to go in. Once I'm happy I'll put stops in the rear of the rails. I've added a better picture.

That does look good - should keep you organised for years.

We're all going to start emailing you now - have you got at three screws - I need 2 3/4" number 6 screw with a raised slot head!!!!

Back