Ordering hand tools from EU sources

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the third, this company said it had finally sorted everything out and could now ship to the EU, on the 5th they stopped again.View attachment 105364

Why is there so much confusion? Surely everyone must know what is going on by now?
Yes didn't these moaners take a close look at the Oven Ready Deal? It must be good after five years of preparation!

Joke is that we could ALWAYS have had blue passports - the red ones weren't mandatory. Croatian passports are blue and German passports are a sort of pink. As if it mattered !! All the others are a sort of Burgundy-ish shade. The REAL joke is that the new UK passport is manufactured in France.
Dammit, one straw man down.

Quick, need another argument, ermmmm... Straight bananas, cabbage legislation, ah, got it, SOVEREIGNTY!

Aidan

https://www.fine-tools.com/

Mmm..what about orders of over £135?
I believe the intention for those orders is that they'd be sent via a courier, and the courier would do the paperwork to charge you for import duties, VAT, plus a handling fee (like they would do if you ordered from a non-EU supplier when the UK was still an EU member - e.g. buying from the USA).

By "intention" I mean the UK's rules, not fine-tools' procedures.

Yes, but that means paying VAT twice as Dieter Schimd don't seem to display prices ex VAT when the basket is over £135.

Yes, but that means paying VAT twice as Dieter Schimd don't seem to display prices ex VAT when the basket is over £135.
In theory you shouldn't be charged German VAT, as an order would be leaving the EU. In theory.

Having worked in Germany for many years, I know the Germans are great at following rules. They’ll do what’s right.
Send them an email and ask them about their prices - is their a difference in what’s displayed at checkout?

Back