Ordering from Lee Valley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hope your all having a nice saturday in your workshops, I'm stuck in the office, anyway info requested from all you lucky WW who have ordered from Lee Valley.

What level of postage have you put on in the past i,e,. airmail, parcel post, sea, etc.

Still thinking about the ozzy and am wondering which is the best method of transport from Canada.

I'm interested too. Think I'm going to choose the cheapest surface mail as when I've done it with other companies in the past I haven't been charged import duty or VAT...

Hay Charlie

Looks like everyone who has ordered from LV is in the WS today, we'll have to wait till later for a response.

Well I ordered my EB3 from Lee Valley, surface mail. No import duty and it came quicker than the time suggested by them :D.

Waka,

I think they quoted 6 to 8 weeks, it was over the Christmas period (it was bought for me as a present) and it came in 5 weeks. But of course that is now 6 months ago and my memory is getting fuzzy so don't try and hold me to those timings. :roll:

I'm a little confused withairmail/surface mail estimates. I bought an Incra miter gauge from Ohio on the Saturday, and it was with me in the UK on the following Friday. I only paid for surface mail, and the package had no air mail stickers on it when it arrived. Surely the Atlantic packet steamers havn't got that fast! This was only a few weeks ago.

Dennis

My stuff has arrived surface mail in about 5-6 weeks, and about 10 days respectively. Depends when something is floating across the pond perhaps?

Adam

Waka;
I would guess that the Ohio location is Hartville Hardware, I don't have the URL handy. If you use a websearch you should be able to find them.
I have an Incra 1000LS that I recently got. I have not used it extensively, but when I have used it, it has preformed very well. I like the positive stops for the different angels. It is well made and put together, the manual is a little confusing but nothing that can't be overcome.

Just received my Mark II Honing guide direct from Lee Valley. :D
Ordered it on 6th June, arrived on Saturday (9th July) via surface mail.
Was originally quoted 8 to 12 weeks so quite impressed. No import duty, VAT or whatever to pay so a happy bunny.
Unfortunately, didn't get a chance to try it out so it's still in the box and will have to wait until I get home next weekend.

Looks and feels very nice though.

Only problem I had was that I left the box lying about and SWMBO found it. :( And of course they put the price on the box which she thought was in pounds.

barry what did your mum tell you about leaving things lying around ](*,) ](*,) :wink:

Back