Opinions on dust control?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Our local auction room had various bits of woodworking kit this week, and I succumbed to a couple of items – a Record Turbovisor respirator and Record RSDE1 dust extractor. The logic for the first was that it was better made than my much-repaired Airlite (and quieter, too, I’ve now found). I also thought the dust extractor would take up less room and take out more fine dust than my current AZ chip collector, even with its Axminster needlecord bag. But…..
1. Does anyone now do replacement main filters for the Turbovisor?
2. What happens to the RSDE if the odd offcut gets into it? The instructions are very particular in warning against this, so should I hang on to the AZ , with its metal fan, instead/as well?
Any thoughts?
I thought most of the stuff went for relatively sensible prices – nearly new Record 10” cut bandsaw for about £250, a Tyme Cub for £70 and a Record heavy router table plus Makita router for £300ish. And the Record 07 for £3 would have been cheap, but for the crack in the cheek!

Dick
Re: 1 Have you tried your local record stockist?

Re: 2 consider a secondary chamber if u have space enough... I use a large ex fruit juice container, only the 'flour' dust goes into the extractor... if it's of interest mail me and I'll send a pic.

Your comments on the other thread (wood 4 sale) make sense now :wink:

I've not bought any Turbovisor filters for a few years, but try 01444 484044, they were the original Turbovisor distributors, and IIRC, very helpful. Cant remember the co name, but I got this from my database under T for Turbovisor, so it was right once.

Cheers Steve

Thanks for all the comments, folks. Will try that phone number.
Like the idea of a "pre-chamber", but the only problem may be space again. Maybe if I put the chamber below the extractor.........
BtW, does anyone who owns one of these Record extractors find the noise a bit irritating? There seems to be a high pitched component that is much more irritating than the general "shoosh" of the AZ.

Back