Opinions needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Does anyone have or have used the Jet jts-10 table saw i have asked this question in the past but didn't get any definate answers as i have just sold my clarke saw as it was awfull and innacurate to use i am wanting another one that i can lift in and out of the house as i don't have a workshop so could anyone please let me know what this saw is like as it is only £150 but is it any good i realise that it is a budget model but like i say i need to be able to lift it in and out of the house so a cast iron top is out of the question. or any other recomendations would be helpful but please only from people that have experiance i would pay upto £300.

Cheers,
Derek.

Welcome to the forum, Yota.
It may be that no one here has direct experience of the saw in question. However, we might be able to offer more advice if you and Derek were to say a bit about what kind of woodworking you had in mind

John

At the moment i would be using the saw for general house repairs but in the summer time i am going to be consentrating more on some projects i have in mind. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Derek.

Evening D.
I've never heard of the saw you mention but a few old but pertinent rules still apply.
A table saw forms the primary tool of most woodworkers' kit and so you should always buy the best you can. Not necessarily the most evpensive but one with a good motor and a belt drive. Never mind the blade it comes with as the first thing to do is fit a quality general purpose blade such as from the Freud range. Keep your eyes open for offers all over the place, including your local DIY shed which will have offers often too good to miss. Also the large mail order firms which often sell off end of ranges from major manufacturers when a new version arrives with facilities you may rarely or never use. So long as the firm is established spares should be available for a long time by which time you will either have given up woodworking or become so hooked that you need to upgrade for your own satisfaction. Give attention to planning things out and don' expecty any tool no matter how pricey to do the job for you.Never mind about cast iron tables at your ( and my) level of budget as many saws now have well ground cast aluminium tables which perform well with minimal maintenance. Think hard about the kinds of work you are and will be doing in the future and consider the possibility of making your own jigs to work with the saw for different functions. Shop bought jigs are good but I only use them as a source of inspiration and reference from which to make my own designed around versatility and my own individual needs. Heath Robinson eat your heart out. Woodworking can be dangerous so keep your own safety in mind. I still have two hands full of fingers and thumbs which I intend to keep for many years to come. Keep to the basics of a good, quiet, "tight" saw that gives the impression that it will last has the basic functions you NEED and keep it's accuracy without needing adjustment every time you carry it outside.
Sorry to go on for so long but I'm new to the site and do enjoy a good natter even though others may think I'm talking out of my b*m! Good luck and success.
Ex Obi Wan now heanor horse

Hi Yotasurf

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know of anyone on this forum who has one of these saws. Theyare fairly new in the market so I would recommend talking to your local Jet reseller and see if they can put you in touch with someone who has one.

Cheers
Neil

The Triton saw would fit this situation perfectly, new models with triton saw around £600 but secondhand could be found within the price range you mention.

The setup has served me well for three years and is portable enough to put in the boot of a motor car if needed for travel (and storage :eek: ) Could be stored indoors of course, and can do the jobs accurately as well as any saw advertised in the woodworking magazines for hobbyists.

Back