Opinion on Axminster AC216TS table saw please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeyJay

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve found myself needing to buy a new table saw but I just can’t handle the size of the cabinet saws that are around. I’ve been looking at the Ax AC216TS plus the sliding mitre doodah and it looks a perfect balance of features and size for me but I’ve just noticed that it’s only 1100 watts. My old table saw was around 2000w.

Does anyone know if this saw is likely to struggle cutting oak / sapele and other common hardwoods? I usually cut a max of 60mm depth but usually 40mm or less.
Any users of this saw out there who can give me any opinions (on the saw!)?

HomeyJay":yk4rwa6a said:
I’ve found myself needing to buy a new table saw but I just can’t handle the size of the cabinet saws that are around. I’ve been looking at the Ax AC216TS plus the sliding mitre doodah and it looks a perfect balance of features and size for me but I’ve just noticed that it’s only 1100 watts. My old table saw was around 2000w.

Does anyone know if this saw is likely to struggle cutting oak / sapele and other common hardwoods? I usually cut a max of 60mm depth but usually 40mm or less.
Any users of this saw out there who can give me any opinions (on the saw!)?

It's the only table saw I have ever owned, so not only can I not compare, I am also a newbie. That being said, it has done everything I have asked of it. I haven't cut any oak with it, by I have put some insanely hard, dry olive wood through, all knots and lumps,and it had no problems at all. Don't forget that, because the blade is smaller, it doesn't need humongous power to work.

It is a bit narrow if you want to cut sheet goods - you would need more support: outfeed , infeed, side-feed etc.

Thanks guys, went and bought the 216TS today plus the sliding table attachment. Hopefully I’ll get it all working on the weekend. Bloody thing nearly killed me trying to lift it!

Back