Ooops B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
Self scanning a 2.5 litre can of Dulux emulsion at B&Q this am (and before I paid) the bl%^&y can slipped out of my hand, it fell off the counter, lid flops off and the contents gloops over the floor.

I was embarrassed and very apologetic. The staff seemed ok said they'd deal with it and told me to get another can. Whilst scanning the new can the staff person now asks me the put it back and take the original can -they've scraped the paint off the floor and put most of it back. And she was serious!

Needless to say I declined her request. And at £19 a pop, the profit on the second probably covered the cost to them of the first. :roll:

If I'm in there I will be able to say, I know the person who made that stain when checking out!

Amazing they tried to get you to take the scraped up paint.

Self scanning is the devil. They deserve all the lost profit it may bring.

Pretty shoddy for a lid to come off so easily.
Reckon the can found its way back onto the shelf?

BigShot":2yib04yb said:
Reckon the can found its way back onto the shelf?

I do hold self scan partly responsible. I was turning the can around to get the bar code. Placcy cans are quite slippery and I'm afraid my hands are now longer as tactile as they were. Perhaps they have shoved the can back on the shelf - if so it ought to go in the textured paint section :D

It could have been worse, Robin... At least you dropped it in the store, not into the boot of the car.

An ex work colleague once borrowed the boss's car to go and pick up some paint. When he got back, the paint tins had fallen over, and the boot was covered in bright yellow gloss paint (we worked for a crane manufacturer).

I bet the B&Q staff do just give it a shake and put it back on the shelf. Muppets.

Si.

Sue for the shock and trauma you suffered when the lid came off their badly designed and manufactered can, the gross insult you suffered from being asked to accept second-hand paint (apparently it was once on flooring), and damage to clothing. (homer)

G

knappers":31vu8v9l said:
An ex work colleague once borrowed the boss's car to go and pick up some paint. When he got back, the paint tins had fallen over, and the boot was covered in bright yellow gloss paint (we worked for a crane manufacturer).

Si.
I once borrowed the boss's wife's car and when I got home there was a small dent in the rear wing. This Vanden Plas was her pride and joy and I thought 'she'll have my guts for garters' so I took off the inner lining in the boot and pushed the dent out. Amazingly you couldn't see any damage so I did the decent thing and returned her car without saying anything!

A couple of days later she came into the office and said 'It's strange but the other day I dented the rear wing out shopping and was going to have it repaired but after you'd borrowed the car the dent disappeared'. All I could do was cringe and say 'That is strange'!!

Regards Keith

Back