oooh, not good!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
report from sick bay. I felt a bit flu like on Sunday aft. so I went to bed........till Monday.....no better so mrs. s calls my work. 'old ratbag here's got man flu so won'be in'. She's such a sympathetic soul.

O.K. so now its Wednesday, feeling more like it so I'll go to work. One hour in, I start regretting my decision. My hands start to feel as if i fell into some stinging nettles & me batteries are on reserve.

Gets to 3.am & I wake up with swmbo having gone to work. I try to get up and all me joints have siezed up, hands are swollen, and EVERYWHERE is very painfull. I cannot walk more than a shuffle & even standing up is a trial in itself. Call mrs. s. who is on duty with a nurse......Heeeeeelllllllp, what the hell is wrong with me!!! (But of course more heroically done than it appears in print. :wink:

Doc came out later & took a look an some blood got results back friday morn, all showing normal. (see, I said it was everyone else & not me but noooobody believes me) EXCEPT it show a lot of rheumatic, (joint) inflammation. Doc came today, a different one & says it is very rare so I may need to go to hospital for tests. So this may be my 15 minutes of fame (knowing my luck). Actually, it is rare to get this sort of thing inline with flu is what she meant....I think..... :shock: So she went back to the surgery to check the books under the heading 'How to treat stuff wot looks funny'. :lol: Wish me luck Guys n Gals

sliv.
p.s.Doctor just called back to say "The Rheumatologists are interested in you". "Weird" I says, "Pedigree chum were the last lot interested in my body, not even to feed the test dogs, just curious". Well,we shall see. :)

Hi Chas,
Not that I can recall. I was asked if I had used anything different at work, but I've not used anything else. As ar as home goes, nothing in the workshop is different......apart from getting dust extraction which I guess would make it less likely to be owt in there.

Chris By The River":136s57u8 said:
SEE - your Mom always warned you that this would happen, or you'd go blind!!!! :lol:

Nothing like humour to lighten a situation.......And that was exactly nothing like humour to......... :p :lol:

thanks chris, :wink:

Hope it's nothing too bad sliver, there's nothing worse than having something wrong with you and not knowing what it is. Why not try my solution; Internet Based Self-Diagnosis. I used this method recently and after lengthy research on the internet I came to the conclusion I was suffering from Toxic Megacolon. Plus a whole pile of other bizzare diseases. It's remarkably accurate, much better than waiting 6 months for an NHS appointment :D

Ratwood, I'm no turner but I really think you should consider getting a tool-rest and raising your gouge a bit..

OK, OK, just a bit more myu-humour in a worrying situation. (how do you type myu?)

Best wishes, Sliver.
S

Thanks guys, dangerous dave, mrs. s spent a bit of time doing t'interweb thingy & it seems to tie in with what Docs say.

I seem to have a virus.

Steve Maskery you are a business man & you still give FREE advice to an avatar on how to use a lathe........How good are you eh? BTW myu will do, does it stand for 'my yetti's uninsurable? :p :lol:

sliver":1umcrui1 said:
Steve Maskery ...How good are you eh?

Absolutely rubbish. If I was any good I wouldn't be 51, highly educated, but unwaged and unable to afford the food I eat today, let alone the clothes I wear, the contact lens solution I need in order to be able to see or this very mediocre red wine I'm drinking this evening!

Sadly there is a difference between being talented and being an economically viable human being. I should have got myself on the PM program.

S

Hope all goes well Sliv. I have so many aches and pains now I gave up bothering the Doctor with them, after all they say Death is only natures way of telling you to slow down. :lol:

Hi again all,
Chris by the river. Sorry my good man, what you said in your first post wasn't taken as a bad comment. Absolutely NO need for an apology whatsoever. The trouble starts in forums when the written word cannot always pass on what the author is trying to say.

You've seen the situation no doubt when someone says something which is genuinely humorous & another says 'ah, there's nothing like a good joke......And that was nothing like a good joke' I meant no more than that my friend. No offence taken & certainly none intended. I know emoticons help, but occasionally....ocaisio........o.kasian ally.....SOMETIMES they don't convey exactly what you want to say. :p :lol:

My humour is intact & you said NOTHING wrong.

sliver.

Steve maskery, ooooohhh, sorry mate, I seem to have hit a very raw nerve there. :oops:
You will read & for sure, understand my reply to chris that says not all written communications are understood.

As you say, being talented & being viable are two very different things, you are a VERY talented man. I have been looking at various options for earning a crust recently, but some may need to be either shelved or even discarded depending on how serious my condition becomes.

My Doctor says the Rheumatologists have said they want some more blood to test for something more serious, but she didn't expand on that so I don't know where that's going yet. Time wil tell.

Best of luck Steve,
sliver

NP, Sliver, it was late :)

Actually I have earned some money this week. Not much (it was for a charity) but that's better than most weeks.

You may remember that I went to Sierra Leone a couple of years ago with a charity called Mission Direct. YouTube if you are interested. They want me to go to Zambia in September to do the same sort of job again, so that's something to look forward to. But this week I've been making a training film, showing volunteers how to build the exhibition stand. I've really rather enjoyed it. Two days filming and 8 days editing and production - 18m:30s. I think I've done a really good job, but it's what they think that counts. I'm rather hoping there will be some more in the future.

Perhaps I should set up a commercial filming company. I probably need to get a bit better - and a lot quicker - at it before then!

I'm rambling and it's only morning. I hope you get better soon.
S

Hi again Steve,
Glad that's cleared up.I did see the vids you did last year & all the sierra leone work you did. Top man, but trying to live without a regular income.....Whatever you try mate, good luck.

sliv. :)

Back