Online traditional door information?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before everyone rushes out to buy it, it is mainly about timber framed buildings, rather than about doors, furniture or anything else made of wood. It's possibly a bit geeky (there's lots of visits to old farmhouses etc described and drawn), but Cecil Hewitt was a carpenter and a historian, so uniquely placed to write such a book.

Trevanion":2vptewy3 said:
I could PM you some photos of relevant pages out of a few books I've got if you would like. I wouldn't want to put them on the open forum with a couple being still printed.
Quoting material relevant to a genuine discussion doesn't breach copyright as long as it is credited and not excessive. Obvious really - the publicity benefits the author. Nothing to worry about as long as you aren't misusing someone elses material.

Jacob":304upvcc said:
Quoting material relevant to a genuine discussion doesn't breach copyright as long as it is credited and not excessive. Obvious really - the publicity benefits the author. Nothing to worry about as long as you aren't misusing someone elses material.

There were 34 pages in total from 8 books, perhaps a little excessive since they mostly covered the same ground but even if something remotely usable can be gleaned from each page it was worthwhile sharing it all. I'm not worried about copyright, it's just respect for people's work, even if the most modern one that was actually written rather than re-printed was in the 80s.

What better way to respect someones work than to quote from it and commend it? Not as if you are profiting or passing it off as your own.

Back