Online tooling shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjwoodms

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im not sure if Im allowed to post this on here so I apologise in advance if I'm breaking the forum rules.

I just wanted to announce our new online tooling shop at http://www.tjwoodms.co.uk/ourshop/

At the moment there are roughly 1800 items online with a further 13000 is to add over the coming weeks and months.

if any of you good people have a look and can't find what your looking for please contact me and I will do my best to come up with a solution for you

Personally I feel it is fine to post such announcements provided you don't keep repeating it on a regular basis.

Passing mods may disagree ? Good luck with the shop.

What should be safe is to put a one liner in your message footer and amend the URL to include </ourshop/>

Could I respectfully suggest that you run a spell checker over your website as a minimum and ideally get someone to proof read it for grammatical errors too.

Thank you both I will have look at the spelling and grammar tomorrow. feedback is important to me whether it's good bad or indifferent

I'd say you are trying to launch the site to early, even if it's only here.
It looks very weak at the moment with limited range of tooling, used machinery etc. you only have a tenth of the items listed so far and it shows.
Get it all on there then launch it.
Try and get a USP.

doctor Bob":3oefv9l4 said:
I'd say you are trying to launch the site to early, even if it's only here.
It looks very weak at the moment with limited range of tooling, used machinery etc. you only have a tenth of the items listed so far and it shows.
Get it all on there then launch it.
Try and get a USP.

+1

You are not doing your business any favours with your website in its current state. My honest feedback is that if I was looking for the type of equipment you sell I would not linger long on your website and would head somewhere that looks more professional.

Ok
This morning I have gone through with my good wife and spell checked the entire site.

As for shop content what items would you guys like so see added next. At the moment I intend to list the remainder of the 40mm euro knives (about 100 to go) and the add the 50mm euro cutters (around another 100 items)

I realise its very much a 'work in progress'. In an ideal world I would employ somebody to do this for me but the costs could run to 10s of thousands so I'm left having to do this project around my other activities. I was concerned that I might not have enough content and your feedback has confirmed this.

At some point next yr I intend to get someone to upgrade to overall look if the site when funds allow

Thank you for the feedback and I will continue to work on the site as was my original intention

Hi Tim,

Best of luck with your venture, it is a very competitive market you are entering with some very well established leaders.

If you are interested in woodworking then this is a great community.

When I developed my website, I joined http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk The forum sections on website and SEO are frequented by online marketing professionals that will off loads of advise, if you can handle constructive criticism along the way.

Thank you

The tool shop is in addition to the engineering service I have been offering for 5 yrs now. Before that I was a service engineer with wadkin

Most of the tooling I sell at the moment is to my existing service customer base but I would like to expand the tooling side as I can't really grow the service side much more without a massive expenditure and recruiting more engineers which is logistically very difficult down here in the southwest.

I am however very lucky to have a wife who is close to completing a MSC in Lean Enterprise which we intend incorporating into the business as a consultancy service late this year as well a get things running more efficiently at my end

I will have a look at the uk business forum later on today

tjwoodms":2qxdz0ai said:
Ok
This morning I have gone through with my good wife and spell checked the entire site.
your spell check is not working
2 things to get you started:
Spindle Moulder Tooing
Disposable tooling

i would capital letter the headings

Back