online source for plastic knobs screws bolts etc please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micks

Established Member
Reaction score
have tried to find online source for knobs/handles screws bolts, the reason is i might have a go at building a modest router table ang jigs, but reqiure knobs etc but cannot find a good online source in the uk for such items.

thank you

hi all have found two companies hyquip and rencol it seems they do a lot of kit but i think its mainly for manufacturers it gives no prices however,

alf checked out rs they do a plastic star type knob with threaded insert £1.50 for 10 cannot be bad.

thank you

Yep, it was Rencol's list of distributors that led me to Components Direct. I'm now wasting happy minutes looking at their range... :oops: :roll:

Cheers, Alf

hi alf just realised knobs are £1.50 each not sure if rs are trade only

thank you

I recently used http://www.knobs-uk.com/ when I asked if they had a minimum order value they said no, so I placed the order over the phone for 2x 10mm Cross knobs & the guy said it was not worth them raising an invoice so he posted the knobs out FOC! They have a good range of knobs on there website, you will have to phone for prices, but I found them cheaper than RS that was before getting them for nought!
Cheers Mike

Admin note: URL edited

micks

Why an online retailer? I get all knobs etc from our local hardware store in the village and anything they don't have is available in B&Q which is only 12 miles away

The wooden knobs for drawers on ly outer table (nearly completed) were £1.50 for two from the local shop

worth trying local places first.

RS will happily sell to Joe Public, online or off.... but they're expencive...

Axminster have a reasonable range of jig making stuff very similar to Trend...

Midnight":oczck06s said:
Axminster have a reasonable range of jig making stuff very similar to Trend...
I hate to do this to you again, Mike, but I think that's because they are Trend... :lol:

Recently I gathered up quite a few knobs and such from my two defunct routers; so worth thinking of that the next time a power tool's ready to go to the great toolbox in the sky.

Cheers, Alf

hi all phoned rs the public can purchase as follows you have to register on there website.

prices 10 of black plastic star knobs 28mm dia m6 thread costs £12.40+vat pp 4.95+vat total £20.30 on orders above £29 postage is less.

tony never seen star knobs or simular in b&Q only round door knobs etc

thanks all

hi bean

phoned ross handling star type knob ref 1525 m in catalogue price 50p each minimum order is £10 minimum carriage is £8.50

with vat +carrage 20 knobs would cost £21.73

I make it that similar from Components Direct would cost £17.98 including VAT and P&P for 10. There's a quantity discount at 25 and free P&P over £39 (ex VAT)

Cheers, Alf

I hate to do this to you again, Mike, but I think that's because they are Trend...

Actually, I've a sneaky suspicion that this isn't the case, just Trend re-badging someone elses kit. Not that that's such a bad idea in this case; raises the profile of it and collects it in a location where people needing it are likely to be looking.....

As far as I'm aware Trend don't actually manufacture or make anything in their range. Router cutters are make by Amana in Israel, DJ 400 is a rebadged Akeda made in Canada etc, etc.

Noel

Midnight":6ue1shjl said:
I hate to do this to you again, Mike, but I think that's because they are Trend...

Actually, I've a sneaky suspicion that this isn't the case, just Trend re-badging someone elses kit.
Well yes, but Axminster stock the re-badged Trend stuff, last I saw anyway. Wish they'd cut out the middle man and lower the prices a bit. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

slightly of topic according to one router book that bosch make units but they are sold under dewalt elu brand name.

I wouldn't be surprised that they did, economies of scale and all that make it a sensible approach

Bean

Micks,

If you just want knobs you could make you own, here is a article that I have used a number of times, adjusting the size to suit the job.

Sorry to bring the thread back almost on topic. :wink:

Latest posts

Back