Online "people watching".

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
I'm a member of several facebook "interest sites", no not those, woodworking, marketplaces (stuff for sale) etc etc.

I've just seen a post by someone that must be the best yet:

name: Katie Portia Muxworthy-Sheppard
selling: Horse stuff

of course she is....

I had to laugh.

Come to think of it "Muxworthy", in combination to horses is pretty funny too.

Sideways":8yz3zm3e said:
It's the internet - could be some stroppy old fart with a sense of humour extracting the michael out of everyone :)

Going by the profile pics and such - nope seems legit.

What a bunch of snide remarks.

She had no control over the names she was given. OK -a pedant could argue that she could change her name by deed poll but that is missing the point.

You can also have smug snigger at her chosen occupation ...and I guess that that will provoke more snide comments that it isn't an 'occupation'...but that merely confirms your bigoted viewpoints. If she helps people come to terms with whatever illness they may have (mental or physical) then who are you to judge ?

Shame on the lot of you.

go have a coffee roger, that was prbly aimed at op

RogerS":n9drq2b4 said:

She had no control over the names she was given. OK -a pedant could argue that she could change her name by deed poll but that is missing the point.

You can also have smug snigger at her chosen occupation ...and I guess that that will provoke more snide comments that it isn't an 'occupation'...but that merely confirms your bigoted viewpoints. If she helps people come to terms with whatever illness they may have (mental or physical) then who are you to judge ?

Shame on the lot of you.

It's the internet. You're allowed to do stuff like this. You're also allowed to take pictures of people without their permission and then poke fun at them on twitter.

RogerS":2rdrjsyl said:

Shame on the lot of you.

Bloody hell RogerS you need to get a life - it was CLEARLY a bit of lighthearted humor, but in your personal crusade to score points off me you've just come off looking like grumpy old git #1 instead of the enlightened "you're a bigot and I'm better than you" that you're obviously aiming for.

If you try to tell me that AT NO POINT in your life you've not sniggered when hearing about a person with a humourous name then I'll feel quite a lot of pity for you - your life must be VERY grey and dull - like Spitting Images version of John Major.

oh and Holistic Therapy has NO PROVEN BENEFIT to anyone except the person being paid, and in some cases does real harm for medical issues that could be treated properly if the holistic therapist had a conscience and told them to see a poper doctor.

Everyone has thier own little "I think that's a bit poncy" attitudes about something and don't give it any merit - so by your yardstick everyone is a bigot.

Except you apparently.

I highly doubt it, or do you claim to be perfect?

Get yourself a sense of humor - I'm sure those around you will appreciate it.

And just a heads up btw - I live in a house that has for the last 15 years had at least half the worlds nationalities live here, gay and transgender and one post op gender re-assignment. You want their names so you can check? Previous to that I went to an INTERNATIONAL boarding school age NINE, and have lived my entire life in shared housing.

If I was such a bigot as you try to claim, I'd probably already have been "dealt with" by now; large Nigerian men called Moussa don't take kindly to racism and such behaviour - and I'd certainly have been removed long ago by the current landlords of 15 years.

I'm probably THE MOST accepting person you've ever come into contact with.

Oh sorry I'm lying - I am a bigot against pretentious "know it all" *censored*

I find RogerS very confusing. He's posting snide digs at Greta Thunberg, and protesting about snide digs at some women with a long and unlikely name.
As I said before, I think it's a case of "Duck season" "Wabbit season".
Or maybe he just enjoys arguing.

John Brown":19r3g8iv said:
I find RogerS very confusing. He's posting snide digs at Greta Thunberg, and protesting about snide digs at some women with a long and unlikely name.

No, its called having principles, John. And if you'd bothered to read what I wrote about GT, you'd see that I was questioning the dishonesty of the whole yacht thing...not her per se.

And if you'd bothered to check first, instead of virtue-signalling as seems to be your preference, then you'd realise that that is her name.

And rafezetter ? Please stop ranting. You do it on the BBC Rant thread. You do it here. Take a chill pill, mate.

I wasn't doubting that it's her real name. But if her name was John Brown, for example, I doubt it would have provoked the same reaction.
As for "virtue signalling", that's just another convenient cliche used to put people down.

RogerS":1psl8hmt said:
John Brown":1psl8hmt said:

No, its called having principles, John. And if you'd bothered to read what I wrote about GT, you'd see that I was questioning the dishonesty of the whole yacht thing...not her per se.

And if you'd bothered to check first, instead of virtue-signalling as seems to be your preference, then you'd realise that that is her name.

And rafezetter ? Please stop ranting. You do it on the BBC Rant thread. You do it here. Take a chill pill, mate.

Principles haha good one.

You call it ranting I call it speaking my mind, which most people will do when accused of something so egregious, especially given my circumstances, and the fact you know absolutely nothing about my life other than what you read here, or are you advocating that forum members are no longer allowed to defend themselves anymore, because it certainly seems that way sometimes. I also know for a fact you've been known to let fly yourself on many occasions, because we both know someone and it's my understanding that he's known you for longer than your membership here so your attempt at portraying yourself as some sort of supremely calm individual is a total lie.

I'm sure if I made some egregiuos accusations of my own you'd lose that veneer of cool soon enough, I can get real personal when pushed enough.

If you think you can make false accusations without an appropriate response you are gravely mistaken.

Oh and if your insist on pointing fingers about ranting in the brexit thread - you've got quite a few members of your own "remainer" side doing it too, so if you are as "principled" as you claim you'd better berate them for doing it too - but we know you won't - so I recommend you STHU lest you look even more of a hypocrite than you already do.

"principled...." ha!

Back